What's New in Version 1.2
Vault-Tec engineers have implemented some exciting new features!
• New Vault-Tec network protocols are finally in place. Now you can save your Vault to the “cloud,” (no moisture condenser necessary!) or continue any Vault experiment on all of your devices.
• Some Dwellers are reporting strange, some would even say mysterious, sightings in Vaults around the Wasteland. Vault-Tec is offering a bottle cap reward for any positive identification!
• Faced all the challenges the “normal” Vault simulation can provide? Introducing Survival Mode! More danger, More glory. Make Vault-Tec proud!
• New Vault-Tec directive – Dwellers have been given authorization to scavenge equipment from dead Raiders. Gear up!
• Are you an experienced Overseer who has already undergone Vault operational training? Now you can skip the tutorial!
• In an effort to assist Overseers in running their Vaults more efficiently, Vault-Tec has added a statistics page to the Vault Dweller’s Survival Guide (VDSG).
• Support added for Russian-speaking Overseers.
• Continued general maintenance to the Vault simulation. Because when you speak, Vault-Tec listens!
There have been some undocumented changes to Fallout Shelter as well. An animated Vault Boy will pop up during certain events or situations, such as when your vault is running low on food, water, or power. The animated character is now accompanied with text that explains the animation.
You are now limited to a total of ten dwellers exploring the wasteland at any one time. Any dwellers over this amount currently in the wasteland should be able to carry on as normal from my experience so far, but you won't be able to send out any new explorers over the hard limit of ten.
Is there anything this Fallout Shelter update should have had? Do you think the cap of ten wasteland explorers is a good idea? Let us know in the comments below!