Guardians is the first expansion pack for Endless Legend, one of the most interesting strategy games of 2014. Amplitude Studios just released the pack on Steam as well as a content patch for the vanilla game.
Guardians will add more than a few features to the game with the promise of countless hours of added gameplay for the players to enjoy. New events, buildings and, of course, the aforementioned Guardians will appear in the game world and will add a new twist to the way the game is played. Let's take a look at the new content the expansion pack adds.
First and foremost are, of course, the giant elemental Guardians that give the name to the expansion pack. Let's meet them:
These creatures will be an interesting addition to any campaign. Even more interesting if you manage to find gemstones for them to equip in order to have access to new skills and buffs.
- GIOS, the Earth Guardian, senses all that moves in or across the planet. When engaged in battle, the ancient giant inflicts impressive zone damage to enemy units by causing earthquakes. If the need arises, he is also able to repair cities’ fortifications.
- NEROS, the Water Guardian, listens to the echoes of the present and the past. While roaming your enemies’ land he can destroy watchtowers and extractors. In battle, Neros can use his Tsunami charge to deal damage relative to his distance from the target.
- FOTIOS, the Fire Guardian, is linked to the primeval force of fire. He is able to cast a powerful light that drastically extends vision range. In combat, Fotios uses his flames to inflict fire damage over time on his enemies.
- ATMOS, the Air Guardian, tracks the winds and scents of Auriga. Despite his size, the giant can teleport inside vision range, covering large distances in the blink of an eye. Atmos is also a fearful opponent as he gets stronger with each and every kill.
- SKOROS, the Dust Guardian, is attuned to Auriga's magical currents. He has the ability to fully heal an entire allied army, and can use mind control spells to manipulate enemy units during battle.
The Guardians are not the only thing that promises to keep the things interesting. The expansion will add legendary deeds, global events and quests (both competitive and cooperative). These are events that will unfold either randomly on when certain conditions are met during the game. The legendary deeds are particularly interesting since completing them will give you access to one of the new technologies, items, or city improvements introduced in Guardians. They could even give you the chance to build one of the new legendary buildings, monuments so powerful they show on the map.
Amplitude Studios released, at the same time as the expansion, a patch. It consists, among the other things, of balancing and fixes. You can find the complete patch log here.
This expansion is not devoid of interesting content. If it tickles your fancy, you can get Guardians from Steam for 9.99$
Does Guardians interest you? Did you play the base game? Let us know in the comments