Suikoden spirutal successor Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is set to release later this year, and the developers are again looking to their fans. This time, they are asking the fanbase to tell them what idea they are most interested in seeing in the third DLC, which was announced in 2021 and will be free for all backers. It will be created after the Sign's Story, and Marisa's Story DLCs.
There are five different themes that fans can vote between, with the developers providing a bit of information on each. They are careful to note that plans can change from what they are sharing during development. The options are:
- Tales of the Yokai Hunt - This would be a DLC focused on hunting down Yokai in various boss battles. This DLC would possibly be led by the samurai Iugu, the ninja Mio, and the swordswomen Hakugin
- Conquest of the Sands - This DLC concept would be a story of honorable warfare between sandwalkers and their rivals the desert mercenaries. It would focus on Yuferius, Barnard, and Scarlet.
- Elden Magicks - Exploring the Elden Realm, this DLC would have players discovering the secrets of rune-lenses in a supernatural tale. It would feature Markus, Milana, and Quinn.
- Kings of the Neighborhood - A lighthearted DLC focused on town activities and various minigames, including a cooking battle in the town where the Nowa's Alliance is based. Characters like Dr. Corque, Code L, and Frida would star in it.
- Magical Girls Assemble! - Girl power leads in this DLC idea as a comedic lighthearted tale that has magically powered girls like Mellore, Carrie, and Momo fighting in unique battle scenarios.
The vote is open until January 30th, and you get to only pick your favorite one. No top three or other things here, though one imagines they will pay attention if several of them are close for possible additional DLC. If you want to influence how Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes will go, you should head over to their website here and vote. Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is set to release this year after it was delayed from 2022 to reach greater ambitions.
Disclosure: The author of this piece, backed the Eiyuden Chronicle Kickstarter as he was a fan of Suikoden. He firmly believes 2 and 5 are the best, followed by 1 and 3, which is not a bad game at all, unlike Suikoden 4.