Boxing video games are a rarity nowadays, but Steel City Interactive is determined to bring the noble art to your screens soon with Undisputed.
The game is going to launch in early access on PC via Steam on January 31. The game's page is already available on Valve's digital distribution platform. Those who play on consoles will have to wait for a later time, as it'll also launch down the line on PlayStation and Xbox.
Undisputed promises "innovative and authentic boxing gameplay" including a whopping 50+ licensed fighters available at the start of early access, with more to be released as development progresses. These include legendary champions of the past like Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson to modern athletes like Canelo Alvarez, Terence Crawford, and Tyson Fury.
A Women's Division will also be included featuring names like Katie Taylor, Jessica McCaskill, Natasha Jonas, and Ebanie Bridges. Organizations like the WBC, British Boxing Board of Control, and more will be represented alongside real-world equipment brands like Empire Pro Tape and Adams.
Jimmy Lennon Jr. will provide commentary while Kenny Bayless will be portrayed as a referee. Below you can read a list of features and watch the announcement trailer.
- Revolutionary footwork mechanics, including a Loose Movement modifier to help you get around the ring with ease.
- More than 60 individual punches. Punch from multiple angles and directions. Feint to set up a trap and counter.
- All the tools needed to be a defensive wizard. Slip punches, weave, dodge, and block.
- Physics driven interactions, so punches can sometimes go around or even through the guard.
- Up close and personal inside fighting like never before.
- Manage stamina over the course of a fight with the Adrenaline system.
- The little details that matter. Taking a knee, intentional fouls, clinching, and referee interactions.
- 50 Attributes & Traits to differentiate styles and capabilities of fighters.
- Multiple AI styles and difficulty settings for everyone from amateurs to pound-for-pound masters.