Space: the final frontier is the setting for Modiphius Entertainment's licensed TTRPG, Star Trek Adventures. The RPG has received plenty of support, including a Captain's Log solo mode, and content from the show Lower Decks. Now there is Star Trek Adventures The Federation-Klingon War, which shows Starfleet in wartime.
Star Trek Adventures: The Federation-Klingon War announcement
According to the book's official store page, Star Trek Adventures: The Federation-Klingon War is a 232-page hardback supplement for the Star Trek Adventures RPG. The book provides a campaign that parallels the Klingon War story arc depicted in the first season of Star Trek: Discovery.
The campaign enables you and your group to explore what was happening elsewhere in the Federation during this perilous time. In addition, the book provides new rule variations to embrace the emotional toll of war
Furthermore, Star Trek Adventures: The Federation-Klingon War will include a new procedurally generated campaign overlay. This allows players to take on the roles of admirals assigning assets to deal with Klingon threats across the galaxy.
Star Trek Adventures: The Federation-Klingon War will contain the following:
- An extensive discussion on the state of the galaxy before and during the Federation-Klingon War in 2256 and 2257
- 12 wartime roles as well as how typical Starfleet roles change during wartime.
- A new system that applies scars to characters
- 15 new talents focusing on both tactical and diplomatic theaters of war
- Over 25 named starships; both Federation and Klingon
- 6 new playable species: Aenar, Arcadian, Ariolo, Betelgeusian, Cordianite, and Megarite
- Over 20 war-focused mission briefs including tactical, routine, exploration, and unknown mission options
- Advice for GMing a wartime campaign and ensuring player safety
- Optional rulesets that enhance the tactical side of roleplaying
Star Trek Adventures: The Federation-Klingon War is available for pre-order right now at an MSRP of $51.53. The books are expected to ship in March 2024.