Shortly before Undertale launched on PS4 and PS Vita, the full trophy of the game was dropped, spoiling some surprises on how developer Toby Fox poked fun of trophies. Majority of the trophies are simply tied to story progression, while the rest involves picking up items and donating money.
As listed on PSNProfiles, the game has 30 trophies consisting of 14 bronze, 10 silver, 5 gold, and a Platinum. Aside from the existence of a new feature, the Undertale trophy list below is free from spoilers:
- Don’t You Have Anything Better to Do? (Platinum) – Obtain all other Undertale trophies.
- Don’t Worry, I Have Lots of Ideas for Trophies (Bronze) – Get an item.
- Like Getting Items (Bronze) – Get two items.
- Or Getting More Items (Bronze) – Get three items.
- Help Me, I’m Out of Ideas (Silver) – Get four items.
- Ruins (Bronze) – Enter the Ruins.
- Mouse (bronze) – Reach the mouse hole in the Ruins.
- Exodus (Bronze) – Arrive at Snowdin.
- Manna (Silver) – Get to the Spaghetti save point in Snowdin.
- Midpoint (Silver) – Arrive at Waterfall
- Rain (Silver) – Reach the place where it rains.
- Final Stretch (Silver) – Enter Hotland.
- Final Stretch II (Silver) – Enter Hotland 2F.
- Final Stretch II (Gold) – Reach Hotland 3F.
- Good Luck (Gold) – Reach the second save point in the CORE.
- Dognation Level 1 (Bronze) – Donate 2G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 2 (Bronze) – Donate 6G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 3 (Bronze) – Donate 12G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 4 (Bronze) – Donate 20G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 5 (Bronze) – Donate 30G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 6 (Bronze) – Donate 43G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 7 (Bronze) – Donate 59G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 8 (Bronze) – Donate 78G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 9 (Silver) – Donate 100G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 10 (Silver) – Donate 125G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 11 (Silver) – Donate 155G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 12 (Silver) – Donate 190G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 13 (Gold) – Donate 230G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 14 (Gold) – Donate 280G to the Dog Shrine.
- Dognation Level 15 (Gold) – Donate 350G to the Dog Shrine.
The early parts of the trophy list has a fourth wall breaking comment from Fox, saying “Don’t worry, I have lots of ideas for trophies,” which involves getting any item in the game. The last item pickup trophy prompts the statement “Help me, I’m out of ideas.”
Finally, the Dognation trophies simply test a player’s patience as donations are given 1G at a time. Nonetheless, all 15 Dognation trophies can be unlocked within 20 minutes. Players simply donate money to a dog who’s Fox’s avatar in Undertale, which can be perceived as Fox mocking gamers for paying developers to get trophies. Additionally, aside from trophies, there are no in-game rewards for donating in the Dog Shrine.
Similarly, Yoko Taro and Platinum Games’ NieR: Automata poked fun at trophies and achievements. While the game had difficult trophies, all of those are purchasable with in-game money.
The digital version of Undertale launches today, August 15, for PS4 and PS Vita. Meanwhile, the physical version will release in late September 2017. It was released in 2015 on PC, and our review heavily praised the game if you want to read it here.
What do you think of the Undertale trophy list? How do you feel about developers playing around with trophies like this? Share your thoughts in the comments below!