Third-party developers shared plenty of reveals about upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator add-ons, on top of releasing new aircraft and scenery.
We start with iniBuilds, which is releasing another of its massive hubs today. Following the excellent Dubai, the developer stays in the Middle East to launch Zayed International Airport (OMAA) serving Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
The airport will launch later today at 3:00 p.m. GMT and will be priced at £14.99. It'll be available at the developer's own store and there will be a deal with both OMAA and Dubai for £19.99 for the whole weekend.
Here are the features that you can expect, and a gallery of screenshots.
- Hand-made ground textures with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- True-to-life airport landside recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers, and more
- Accurately modeled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Highly detailed models of all airport buildings, objects, and surroundings
- Up-to-date airport layout reflecting the current, real-world location
- Custom-built jetways with realistic variations using PBR texturing and animations
- Official GSX Profile included in scenery folder
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimization for every model to encourage the best performance possible
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimization and performance possible
- Full iniManager compatibility to configure your scenery for the best possible performance for your system
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
On top of the airport, iniBuilds also released another scenery close by, and it's Yas Island, including the famous Yas Marina racing circuit and more. The best part is that it's free.
You can grab it right now from the developer's own store. Here's what you can expect and a spiffy trailer.
- Fully modeled Ferrari World, including rollercoasters
- Yas Waterworld
- Warner Bros World
- Etihad Arena
- Yas Mall
- Fully modeled F1 'Yas Marina Circuit: Yas Marina Complex, W Abu Dhabi, Shams Tower, South Grandstand, Marina Grandstand, West Grandstand, North Grandstand, Main Grandstand, Main Pit Building, Marina Docks, Hotel Bridge, Yas Kartzone Building, Trackside Terrace, Drag Racing Arena, Gantry + Floodlights
We then get a gallery of screenshots from Headwind Simulations, showing off the redesigned landing gear of the work-in-progress freeware A330neo. You can already download the current build of the aircraft with the developer's installer.
SamScene3D announced another of its city scenery, and this time around it's Osaka, the second-largest city in Japan. Below you can read a feature list and watch a trailer.
- over 600 handcrafted iconic building models in Osaka city centre
- custom handcrafted bridge models
- handcrafted Osaka castle and landmarks
- beautiful night effects
- many building rooftops are landable helipads
- compatible with other developer airport addons
- detailed recreation of Shinsaibashi area
- frame rate friendly since all with LODs
Another announcement comes from RDPresets, which will release another relevant airport on Saturday. It's Salzburg International Airport (LOWS) in Austria.
The package promises "high detail buildings, replica Interior with 3D people, sharp and realistic ground markings, and more." You can check out the first screenshots below.
The next small buy juicy reveal comes from Final Approach Design Studios, which released the first screenshot of its next airport, Osmani International Airport (VGSY) in Sylhet, Bangladesh.
Moving on to releases, we start with the Analog version of the Tecnam P2006T, which has been launched by FlightSim Studio. It's available on Aerosoft's store for $42.69.
Below you can watch a spiffy trailer to see what it looks like.
We also get quite a few airports starting with Taitung Airport (RCFN) also known as Fongnian Airport, in the country of Taiwan.
It's by the talented local team at FSFormosa, and it's available on Simmarket for $22.15.
Another big airport release is from JustSim, which returns after many months. It's Nice Côte d'Azur Airport (LFMN) in France. It's available on Simmarket for $22.80.
While this is sold as a new product, those who had the previous rendition of Nice by JustSim can get it at a discounted price. Below you can take a look at a trailer to see if it's worth it for you.
Next is Carlisle Lake District Airport (EGNC) in the UK, released by UK2000 Scenery on Simmarket.
It's priced at $13.14 and below you can watch a trailer.
Last, but not least, SoFly released the Skopje Airfield Collection, including LW75 Stenkovec, LW67 Kumanovo, and LW74 Bitola Logovardi around the capital of Macedonia.
It's available on Orbx Direct for $16.23.
- Three airfields in a single package: LW75 Stenkovec; LW67 Kumanovo; LW74 Bitola
- On-site photography used to recreate the airfields to the highest standard
- 4K resolution texturing throughout
- Custom-made 3D objects, which bring life to each airfield
- Animated hangar with controllable door
- Created and designed by renowned developer Teo Gerovski
As usual, keep in mind that here on TechRaptor you can find daily Microsoft Flight Simulator news posts to keep you informed on the ins and outs of this big and complex hobby.