Well, Mass Effect: Andromeda has officially been revealed and everyone seems to be scrambling to capitalize on the hype, including Best Buy who seem to have jumped the gun a bit. In a page listing for the PS4, Xbox One and PC versions of the game on their website, they revealed some details not yet available to the public like the deluxe edition, which shouldn't surprise you in the slightest anyway. They also are the first to reveal the game's official cover art.
The plot synopsis on the store page is as follows: "Mass Effect: Andromeda takes players to the Andromeda galaxy, far beyond the Milky Way. There, players will lead our fight for a new home in hostile territory as the Pathfinder - a leader of military-trained explorers. This is the story of humanity’s next chapter, and player choices throughout the game will ultimately determine our survival."
The page also rattles off some features for the game:
- Chart Your Own Course in a Dangerous New Galaxy – Unravel the mysteries of the Andromeda galaxy as you discover rich, alien worlds in the search for humanity’s new home.
- Lead the First Humans in Andromeda on a Desperate Search for our New Home – In this new chapter of Mass Effect, meet and recruit all-new, interesting characters caught up in an epic space saga filled with mystery and galactic conflict.
- Fight with your Pathfinder Team In Battle Against Terrifying Enemies and Creatures – New additions like destructible environments, boosted jumps for added verticality, and all-new weapons and Biotics make combat more thrilling than ever.
- Build a Formidable Hero With Amazing Weapons, Powers and Tech – With a much more flexible skill and weapon progression tree, you can replicate your play style to make you unstoppable against new, powerful alien enemies.
- For 1 player or up to 4 in multiplayer mode
What do you think of the leaked information? What's the most surprising or interesting?