A Sea of Thieves roleplaying game has been announced. This upcoming RPG is set in the universe of Rare’s pirate game Sea of Thieves, giving players the opportunity to swashbuckle with the best of them in a quest to defeat skeleton armies and amass hoards of treasure!
Based on the new Avast system, the Sea of Thieves RPG has you racing against your friends in a bid to become the best pirate out there. This particular RPG system favors quick action, so odds are you aren’t going to have to worry about any marathon ten-hour sessions with this particular game.
A box set is available for pre-order and it includes quite a few nice things in it:
- Book of Pirates: An introduction to the Sea of Thieves roleplaying game with a complete Voyage that teaches you the basics.
- Lore of the Sea: A book filled with scenarios, tutorials, and rules for gamemasters to put together the best possible adventure for their friends.
- Book of Voyages: A complete campaign for the RPG that has you hunting for the Ashen Jewels.
- Sea of Thieves Poster Map: Exactly what it says on the tin: a giant map of the game’s world.
- Pirate Ledgers: Six cards that track your inventory and progress.
- Legendary Dice: A set of 18 dice that are used in the game.
- Supply Tokens, Weapon Cards, and Quest Cards: Various gubbons used throughout gameplay for tracking progress and facilitating your adventures.
- Lord Guardian Sails: The box set edition also includes a download code for a neat in-game item.
Of course, tabletop RPGs are all about what you make of them! If the Sea of Thieves roleplaying game sounds like the kind of thing you and your friends would enjoy, you can pre-purchase the box set for £60.00 (USD$76.02) or your regional equivalent at the Mongoose Publishing website. Alternatively, you can just get an ebook of the RPG for half that price.
Does the Sea of Thieves roleplaying game interest you or do you prefer to play the digital game? What’s your favorite tabletop RPG? Let us know in the comments below!