Koei Tecmo announced that Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires, spin-off chapter of the long running Dynasty Warriors series, will come out a month later than anticipated. The updated release date for the game is now 02/24 for PS4, Xbox One and PS3(Digital) and 02/27 for Steam (PC). It’s not a very long delay, but Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires is a very anticipated title by the fans of the musou saga, mainly because of some of the innovations it’s going to introduce.
Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires is going to feature a very detailed edit mode. It will allow the players to create, customize and share their own general to bring in the battlefield. It’s the first time in the series that this is possible so it’s understandable that fans of musou games all around the world are waiting for Empires with excitement. The edit mode will also allow the players to customize more aspects of the game. The appearance of rideable horses, “normal” officers and banners will be in the hands of the players if they so desire.
In a previous press release, Koei Tecmo also announced the pre-order bonus DLC for the game. They are as detailed below:
North America (GameStop and EB Games)
- Special Costume Set (Date Mashamune, Guan Yinping, Guo Jia and Tenko costumes)
- Edit Armor Set 1 (for male characters)
- Edit Armor Set 2 (for female characters)
- Armour Set 1 (for male characters) – via GAME
- Armour Set 2 (for female characters) – via ShopTo.net or PlayStation Network
- Special Costume Set (Date Mashamune, Guan Yinping, Guo Jia and Tenko costumes) – via independent retailers through CentreSoft
With its new character (Xun Yu), a different approach to the story (that will be more focused on the personal stories of the warriors) and the possibility to customize your game experience, Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires could be a very valuable new entry in the franchise. We’ll have to wait until late February to see for sure.
Are you excited for this new Dynasty Warriors game? What you think of this delay? Are you going to buy the game when it comes out? Let us know in the comments.