The Yogscast Jingle Jam 2020 has gone live, bringing with it some big changes for this year's edition of the charity event. These changes include a move away from Humble Bundle, a shortened schedule, and a total lack of "limited" keys.
Every year, the Yogscast group of content creators runs their "Jingle Jam" charity event. This event benefits your choice of several charities along with a lovely bonus — anyone who donates the minimum amount will also score a neat bundle of games that have been generously donated by publishers and developers.This year's Jingle Jam event features some substantial changes, the first (and most notable) is a move away from Humble Bundle after 7 years.
"Humble have been a fantastic and generous partner for the last 7 years and we're so grateful for the huge amount of work and support they've provided over the years," read an F.A.Q. on the Yogscast's subreddit. "We're excited to be partnering with Tiltify this year, the platform is built for fundraising and is the best place for twitch streamers to raise money for charity."
That F.A.Q. also notes some other big changes. The Yogscast Jingle Jam 2020 will be shortened from a month-long event down to 2 weeks — partly due to the necessity for social distancing and partly due to the challenges in creating quality content for the tail end of the event.
This year's bundle also will not have any "limited" keys as in past events — each charity has been assigned a total of 8,000 bundle keys, amounting to roughly 100,000 bundles in total. That means that once a charity hits its mark, you may need to donate to another charity to secure yourself a bundle. You don't want to wait, either — once the bundles are gone, they're gone!
What Games Do You Get in the Yogscast Jingle Jam 2020?
The Yogscast Jingle Jam 2020 features dozens of different games and special content bundles all in one convenient package. The majority of these games are on Steam, so donators will just have to add those keys to their account as they normally would when making a purchase outside of Steam itself.
Here's what you can get by making a minimum donation of £25 (≈$33.56):
- Colony Survival
- Dicey Dungeons
- Among Us - Random Pet Bundle
- Prison Architect
- For The King
- Call of Duty Cold War 2020 CODE Pack
- Dream Daddy
- Rise of Industry
- Sokpop Season 6 Bundle
- The Battle of Polytopia
- Tooth and Tail
- Brunch Club
- Drawful 2
- This War of Mine
- Purrfect Date
- Element TD 2
- War for the Overworld + Yogscast Worker Skin
- Dead in Bermuda
- AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected
- Sunless Sea
- Pixel Galaxy
- Car Mechanic Sim 2015
- Farming Simulator 2017
- Shoppe Keep 1
- Orcs Must Die 2
- Fishing Adventure
- Don't Starve + Reign of Giants
- Cheap Golf
- Safety First
- Fractured Minds
- Path of Exile "Demon King Portal" Cosmetic
- Pox Nora Protectorate Starter Bundle
- Surgeon Simulator 2 Cosmetic Item
- Displate 42% Off Voucher
What Charities Can You Contribute to This Year?
A total of 12 charities can be contributed to this year. Each charity has a maximum of 8,000 bundles assigned to it — once those bundles are gone, you'll have to donate to another charity to get a Yogscast Jingle Jam 2020 game bundle!
Here are the charities you can choose to support in the Jingle Jam 2020:
- Access Sport: "Give 5,000 disabled children access to sport near their home."
- British Games Institute: "Fund game workshops for 3,250 disadvantaged school children tackle mental health."
- Call of Duty Endowment: "Placing 500 veterans into high quality careers."
- ILGA: "Train 60 activists to support bisexual, intersex, trans, women and youth."
- Mental Health Foundation: "Improve the wellbeing of gamers by funding groundbreaking research."
- One25: "Fund one year of a drop-in centre for women facing street sex work."
- Open Bionics: "Fund 10 advanced bionic Hero Arms for 10 amputees"
- Safe In Our World: "Train 50 community managers in the games industry on how to work with mental health in games communities"
- Special Effect: "Fund two brand new games with EyeGaze."
- The Grand Appeal: "Continue funding the new state-of-the-art facility at Bristol Children’s Hospital"
- War Child: "Support 3,150 vulnerable children affected by war"
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation: "Help save the Atlantic Humpback Dolphin from extinction."
That's a pretty good bundle of games overall! If you'd like to help out a good cause and score tons of fun stuff to play over the winter holidays, you can donate to the Yogscast Jingle Jam 2020 right now. There are roughly two weeks to go, but there are also a limited amount of bundles to go around — don't wait until it's too late!
What do you think of the games included in the Yogscast Jingle Jam 2020 bundle? What's your favorite game in the bunch? Let us know in the comments below!