Shenmue III Director Yu Suzuki and publisher Deep Silver have posted an update on Kickstarter to announce a delay for the highly anticipated open-world action-adventure game. As we reported last August, the developer had originally announced an August 27, 2019 release date for the game. Now it has been delayed to November 19. Yu Suzuki explains the reasons for the delay in a short and simple message.
Whilst almost ready, the game simply needs a little more refinement before being truly finished.The update also includes the game's minimum system requirements for the PC version, which are exactly the same shown in last year's announcement of a release date.
We feel that the extra time we have will help us deliver the true Shenmue experience players around the world deserve!
We thank you for your patience and understanding,
- OS: Windows 7×64, Windows 8×64, Windows 10×64 (64-bit OS Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB Required)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband internet connection
- Storage: 100 GB available space
- Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.
- "The game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding."
You can stay up to date with Shenmue III on Kickstarter, Facebook, Twitter, or the official website.
Are you disappointed with the delay? Were you hoping to play Shenmue III by August this year? Let us know in the comments below!