EA Sports continues their ratings reveal for the top 5 players by position in Madden 16 and today they revealed the Defensive Linemen. The top 5 are as follows:
1. J.J. Watt: 99 Overall - 99 Power Moves, 98 Pursuit, 97 Strength, 97 Tackle, 78 Catching, and 97 Block Shedding. I think there's no question that Watt is not only the best Defensive End, but quite possibly THE best player in the NFL.
2. Muhammad Wilkerson: 96 Overall - 94 Strength, 97 Block Shedding, 93 Power Moves, 96 Tackling and 96 Pursuit. Wilkerson has played at a high level since he came into the league and is a huge reason why the Jets front 7 is one of the best in the league.
3. Michael Bennett: 95 Overall - 91 Strength, 91 Tackle and 94 Power Moves. Bennett is a shear monster up front who can play at any position on the Defensive Line. He has a solid Pass Rush but truly excels in stopping the run.
4. Calais Campbell: 95 Overall - 87 Strength, 95 Block Shedding, 92 Tackling and 94 Pursuit. Campbell is a monster up front who has both size and speed. He will be leaned upon heavily this coming season with the absence of Darnell Dockett.
5. Cameron Wake: 94 Overall - 96 Power Moves, 76 Strength, 79 Tackling and 96 Pursuit. Wake is a true speed rusher on the edge, and now having Ndamukong Suh next to him, he should have a fantastic year.
Compared to last years Top 5 of J.J. Watt (99 Ovr), Robert Quinn (97 Ovr), Cameron Wake (96 Ovr), Calais Campbell (96 Ovr), and Cameron Jordan (93), we have some familiar faces for Madden 16. Watt is hands down the best defender in all of football. Wake had another solid year, but not quite as good as his 2013 campaign. Michael Bennett's versatility doesn't pad his sack total, but he is fantastic in the running game and can play any gap on the defensive line. Wilkerson, only in his fourth year as a pro has been nothing short of dominant and is considered by many to be one of the most complete lineman in the NFL.
Stay tuned to TechRaptor as we follow, analyze and dissect the Madden 16 ratings reveals all week. Check out our ratings reveals for Wide Receivers, Tight Ends, Offensive Lineman, Outside Linebackers and Middle Linebackers.