Sometimes the Asian market gets gems we never get to experience due to the language barrier or just general connectivity issues. However, more and more Asian developers are recognizing the benefit of localizing their titles and appealing to the Western audience. Publisher CE-Asia and developer Azure Flame Studio are the latest to bring their critically acclaimed turn-based strategy title, Banner of the Maid, to English speakers.
The title draws inspiration from popular JRPGs in its turn-based gameplay, and the 19th century French Revolution aesthetic adds a lot to the setting. Banner of the Maid puts players in the shoes of officer Pauline Bonaparte as you write your story during a politically heavy Paris. You get to define history, and survive through commanding "he most iconic troops from the Revolution era." Banner of the Maid allows you to take advantage of more than thirty different terrains and weather, affecting the result of your turn-based battles. Whether it is sunny or foggy, you will need to take it into consideration before making your next move. The following is a brief description of the title's main features.
- Live an epic story of war and politics in an alternate French Revolution
- Fight iconic turn-based battles in more than 30 different dynamic environments
- Take part of the political vortex of Paris in a thrilling history of intrigues and glory
- Complete quests and challenges to establish political connections, gain funds and secure supplies
- Train your generals to improve their abilities. More than 30 characters with different backgrounds and skills are available for you to command!
- Talk to your allies to win their trust and understand their hearts, and you will be unstoppable in battle!
Banner of the Maid's listing is already available on Steam, and priced at $16.99 / €15.49 / £13.49. The localized English version will officially release on February 14th. Let us know what titles you wish would get a Western treatment.