Today THQ Nordic announced the release date of the upcoming survival horror game Alone in the Dark.
We learn that the game is coming for PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on October 25, 2023, priced at $59.99, €59.99, or £49.99 depending on where you live. You will be able to explore the mysterious mansion of the game and its surroundings as one of two protagonists, Emily Hartwood and Edward Carnby, played respectively by Jodie Comer and David Harbour. if you want to read more, you can actually check out our preview.
To celebrate the reveal, the publisher released a free prologue available right now on Steam, PlayStation Store, and Xbox Store. On top of that, a showcase video was aired, showing gameplay and including developer commentary.
You can watch it below.
Here's what you can expect from Alone in the Dark according to THQ Nordic.
- Return to the roots of psychological horror and experience an atmospheric journey worthy of the game that started the genre.
- Dive into a world full of sounds that make your skin crawl with a haunting, yet mesmerizing doom jazz soundtrack.
- Enjoy the thrill of desperate survival in a world where reality starts to crumble, evil lurks in every shadow and ammunition is scarce.
- Experience this nightmare from either Emily Hartwood’s or Edward Carnby’s perspective and unearth the dark secrets of a gothic mansion.
- Immerse yourself in a deep psychological story that goes beyond the realms of the imaginable, by Mikael Hedberg, cult horror writer of SOMA and Amnesia.