Planetbase has you commanding a group of settlers who are building a colony on another planet. Unlike some other games in this genre, you’re not stuck with one particular place to build; there is a variety of planets available in the game, each with their own unique challenges for players to overcome.
At first, the simple act of survival will be a challenge unto itself. Making sure you have enough food, water, and oxygen for everyone is the first priority. After that, you’ll need to work hard to have enough spare parts to keep your power systems running. After that, it becomes a matter of getting the materials necessary to expand your colony even further.
Eventually, Planetbase will open up even wider, letting visitors and tourists come to see your colony on vacation. Be careful, though — some of the visitors are actually infiltrators that want to kill everyone!
From the Planetbase website:
In Planetbase you guide a group of space settlers trying to establish an outpost in a remote planet.
In the game you play the role of the base architect and manager, telling your colonists where to build the structures they will need to survive. You will have to ensure that they have [a] constant supply of oxygen, food, and water to stay alive.
You will get them to collect energy, extract water, mine metal, grow food, manufacture bots, and build a fully self-sufficient base.
Even if the game is not intended to be a simulator, all the mechanics are plausible and based on what the expected challenges of establishing a colony in a new planet would be.
- Four different planets with different conditions and increasing difficulty.
- Harness solar and wind energy (if available) in order to power the base’s structures.
- Grow hydroponic Vegetables and synthesize Vitromeat to feed your population.
- Mine and produce raw resources, process them, manufactured goods, and establish a production chain.
- Carefully manage the colonist immigration flow to ensure you have the people with the right skills.
- Survive disasters like meteors, sandstorms or solar flares and defend your base from intruders.
- Mechanize your base by manufacturing your own bots that will help with the more arduous tasks.
- Grow your colony from a few initial pioneers to a vibrant planetbase with hundreds of colonists.
Release DateOctober 15, 2015
MonetizationOne Time Purchase
RatingNR - Not Rated
No feature posts about this game.
No media posts about this game.