EA Sports continues their Madden 16 ratings reveal for the top players by position and today they revealed the Cornerbacks. The top players are as follows:
1. Richard Sherman: 97 Overall – 92 Man Coverage, 99 Zone Coverage, 87 Speed, 99 Play Recognition, 99 Press. Sherman continues to put his money where his mouth is. Teams consistently throw away from him due to his physical presence on opposing Wide Receivers.
2. Darrelle Revis: – 97 Overall – 99 Man Coverage, 94 Zone Coverage, 88 Speed, 98 Play Recognition, and 87 Press. Revis had another typical year leading a vaunted New England defense. One of the most skilled coverage men in the league, Revis Island continues to show why no one wants to challenge him.
3. Vontae Davis: 95 Overall – 97 Man Coverage, 94 Zone Coverage, 88 Speed, 88 Play Recognition, and 98 Press. Davis has turned a corner after being traded to Indianapolis. Another corner who failed to give up a touchdown in 2014. Davis flies under the radar due to the Colt defense only being average.
4. Chris Harris Jr: 94 Overall – 98 Man Coverage, 97 Zone Coverage, 89 Speed, 95 Play Recognition, and 78 Press. Harris Jr solidified himself as a top cornerback last season. He played all over the field covering both inside and out. Harris has excellent instincts and is a true shutdown corner.
5. Sean Smith – 94 Overall – 93 Man Coverage, 95 Zone Coverage, 86 Speed, 94 Play Recognition, and 97 Press. Big, physical, and a solid cover corner. Smith made his first Pro Bowl last year and was a huge reason Kansas City had one of the best pass defenses in the NFL.
In comparison, last years top 5 included Richard Sherman (99 Overall), Darrelle Revis (97 Overall), Joe Haden (95 Overall), Patrick Peterson (93 Overall), and Vontae Davis (92 Overall). We have a lot of familiar faces, but the big news is Chris Harris Jr not being the top Cornerback. After having a complete ACL tear in the 2013 playoffs, Harris Jr came back better than ever. Many analysts regarded him as having one of the best seasons a Cornerback has had since Revis in 2009. For the ENTIRE 2014 season, Harris Jr didn’t allow a single touchdown as well as giving up ONLY 0.57 yards per snap. That is truly mindblowing.
Stay tuned to TechRaptor as we follow, analyze and dissect the Madden 16 ratings reveals all week. Check out our ratings reveals for Wide Receivers, Tight Ends, Offensive Lineman, Outside Linebackers , Defensive Ends, Defensive Tackles and Middle Linebackers.