Just a few days after it was revealed to the world, the Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle has encountered a bit of a hiccup. A tweet from the official Capcom account states that the game’s PC version on Steam will be delayed for an indeterminate amount of time:
The Steam version of Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle will have a later launch date than what was initially announced. We will have a new date for Steam soon and thank you for your patience.
The game will still be available for PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch starting Sept. 18.
— Capcom USA (@CapcomUSA_) September 15, 2018
The Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle features a nice variety of games. Here are some more details about what players can look forward to in the title:
- Armored Warriors – Previously only available in arcades, Armored Warriors is a beat’em up game filled with mecha characters. Not only can you bust up robots with Gatling guns and powerful fists, but you’ll be able to customize your character for different attacks.
- Battle Circuit – Another title that never saw a console release. Battle Circuit takes place on an alternate future Earth. A group of super-powered bounty hunters is trying to capture criminals in the city of Neo Koba, ultimately working towards their goal of capturing the mad scientist Dr. Saturn.
- Captain Commando – Set in the futuristic Metro City, Captain Commando has the Commando Team working together to fight a bunch of superpowered evil villains. (Man, we only have a few years before we have to start wearing a lot more spandex and leather.)
- Final Fight – This is perhaps the best-known game of the bunch. Set in the fictional Metro City in the early ’90s, Mayor (and ex-professional wrestler) sets out to clean up the streets with his muscles and his friends Cody and Guy. Unfortunately, this collection doesn’t include the games many sequels.
- The King of Dragons – If you’re looking for more of a fantasy-style game, The King of Dragons might have what you’re looking for. Aside from being firmly in the beat ’em up genre, this game also mixes in role-playing game elements like a leveling system and skill points.
- Knights of the Round – Loosely based on the King Arthur legend, Knights of the Round also takes place in a fantasy setting. This particular game sees Arthur, Lancelot, and Percival dispensing justice throughout Camelot with some great side-scrolling action and features a particularly interesting blocking system that can increase your survivability.
- Warriors of Fate – Finally, we head Eastward with Warriors of Fate, a game set in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms era. Unfortunately, a lot of these themes were changed for the Western release and were entirely lost on audiences at the time.
Aside from these wonderful digital toys, players can dive a bit deeper into the history of this genre with extra features, mainly in the form of an extensive gallery. You’ll also be able to tweak settings like lives, continues, and difficulty to your taste. After all, it’s not like the machine is trying to eat up all your quarters anymore.
The PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch versions of the game are unaffected by this delay and will release as scheduled on September 18, 2018. Capcom has stated that they’ll have a new date soon and thanked their fans for their patience.
What do you think of the Capcom Beat ‘Em Up Bundle being delayed on PC? Why do you think it was delayed for PC while the console versions are going through as scheduled? Let us know in the comments below!