Treyarch and Activision have announced Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombie Chronicles, bundling up 8 maps from previous versions of the popular addition to the more recent Call of Duty games. These maps have been completely remastered to make them look more in line with the graphical powerhouses of 2017.
Call of Duty’s Zombies has earned a special place in our hearts through its deep, layered gameplay, imaginative storylines and its compelling waves of action, which spans multiple titles.
We’re excited to share with fans these incredible moments in one comprehensive offering, available together on current generation hardware.
– Rob Kostich, EVP and General Manager of Call of Duty, Activision.
This mode originally turned up as a post-credits easter egg in Call of Duty: World at War. Over the years it’s become a very popular returning feature to Call of Duty games. The remastered versions will still feature the mode’s story and characters, but with current-gen graphics that feature updated lighting effects, newly remade character models and textures and some much-needed updates to the maps’ audio. The titular Zombies have similarly gotten an upgrade, making them an even more dangerous enemy than before.
The eight maps in Zombies Chronicles are:
- From Call of Duty: World at War: Nacht der Untoten (Abandoned Bunker), Verruckt (Wittenau Sanitorium) and Shi No Numa (Jungle Swamp)
- From Call of Duty: Black Ops: Kino Der Toten (Theater of the Dead), Ascension (Soviet Cosmodrome), Shangri-la (Exotic Jungle Shrine) and Moon (Lunar Base)
- From Call of Duty: Black Ops II: Origins (WWI France)
This collection will be released on PlayStation 4 on May 16, with other platforms getting the collection at some point in the (hopefully) not too distant future. Note that you’ll need to own the original Call of Duty: Black Ops III in order to play the collection.
To celebrate the release of the collection, Activision and Treyarch are hosting the “8 Days of Undead” event. During this event, players on all versions of Call of Duty: Black Ops III as well as all Duty: Black Ops III Zombie Chronicles players on PlayStation 4 will be able to take advantage of double XP rewards. This event will also have a few community goals you can complete to get exclusive content to deck out your characters and weapons with.
If you decide to grab the collection, be it before the launch on May 16 or after, you’ll get a few bonus incentives to sweeten the deal:
- 20 Vials of Liquid Divinium
- 2 All-New Whimsical GobbleGums
- Exclusive Zombies Pack-A-Punch Weapon Camo
- Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Dynamic System Theme for PlayStation 4 (exclusive pre-order incentive), featuring artwork by renowned artist
The collection itself is going to cost you $30. Activision has an FAQ here if you want to know more of the specifics.
What do you think of the Duty: Black Ops III Zombie Chronicles announcement? Let us know in the comment section below!