WizKids, the renowned North American tabletop company known for its work on HeroClix and TechRaptor favorite Mage Knight, has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic just like everyone else. The studio's latest announcement delays all April releases indefinitely, which affects a number of anticipated tabletop releases for the DC and Marvel HeroClix series respectively. Not only that, WizKids' warehouse in Fort Wayne, Indiana warehouse won't be able to fulfill any orders, probably due to the recent lockdown and safety precautions taken by the government in recent days.
The following is a list of all affected April releases:
- Marvel HeroClix Deep Cuts Unpainted Miniatures Wave 2
- D&D Icons of the Realms Figure Pack: Descent into Avernus: Arkhan the Cruel and The Dark Order
- Marvel HeroClix: Fantastic Four Cosmic Clash Starter Set (6-Figure Starter)
- Tournament at Avalon
- Ultra Deluxe 2D Arcade Mega Fighter
- Blade Runner 2049: Nexus Protocol
- DC HeroClix: Justice League Unlimited Booster Brick
- DC HeroClix: Justice League Unlimited Starter Set
- DC HeroClix: Justice League Unlimited Release Day OP Kit
- DC HeroClix: Justice League Unlimited Dice and Token Pack
Of course, launch dates aren't the only aspect suffering from delays and setbacks, as WizKids' replacement program will take longer than usual to fulfill your request. The studio had to take another tough decision in postponing all their Organized Play dates set with their retailers from now till the end of May. The events that were supposed to take place spanned across the studio's Dice Masters, Star Trek Attack Wing, and HeroClix franchises. The latter was the most affected as it had three events cancelled.
- DC Comics HeroClix: Justice League Unlimited Pre-Releases
- DC Comics HeroClix: Justice League Unlimited Release Day OP
- HeroClix Monthly OP
There is no timeframe as to when things get back to normal for the entire world, but we urge everyone to stay home and stay safe. Let us know what were you looking forward from WizKids' upcoming releases.