Warhammer+ is an upcoming subscription service from Games Workshop. It launches on August 25th, but fans can access a free preview of one of the animations for today only.
Old Bale Eye is a tale about the rivalry between two famous characters from Warhammer 40,000 lore. The Imperial Guard hero Commissar Yarrick, and the Ork warlord Ghazghkull Thraka.
The animation preview is part of a series of one-off tales from the Hammer and Bolter series that will feature on Warhammer+, along with other regular animation content, like Angels of Death, which will have the first episodes available at launch, and will be a regular series following a band of Space Marines from the Blood Angels chapter.
But animation isn't the only content coming with Warhammer+, subscribers will also get access to:
- Regular weekly Warhammer animation content
- Weekly in-house Warhammer hobby shows with painting tips, battle reports and lore shows
- A digital vault of classic Warhammer publications and White Dwarf issues
- Full access to Warhammer Apps (including the current Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer Age of Sigmar, with more planned for the future)
- Premium access to official Games Workshop events
- Exclusive subscriber offers
- A free exclusive Citadel miniature every year
- Access to a second exclusive subscriber miniature
Warhammer+ arrives on August 25th and will have a monthly cost of £4.99 in the UK and $5.99 in the US or less for a one-off yearly payment. More regions will be added later, and content will be added regularly for the animation series', Warhammer publications and inhouse gaming content.
Current subscribers of the Warhammer 40K app will be able to transfer across to Warhammer+ and gain access to the exclusive miniature early. GW have also stated that they're working on a brand new app for the newly released Warhammer Age of Sigmar 3rd Edition and subscribers will get immediate premium-tier access when it launches.
To check out the first episode of Hammer and Bolter, Old Bale Eye, head over to Warhammer Community between 12:00 BST on August 21st and 12:00 BST on August 22nd.