For fans of JRR Tolkien's highly influential world of Middle-earth, the TTRPG The One Ring is held in high regard. Developed by Free League Publishing, the latest edition of the TTRPG is packed with authentic depictions of the world of Middle-earth, allowing players to have unique adventures of their own, either by themselves or with groups. Now those adventures can continue to other parts of Tolkien's world with the announcement of a new expansion: Tales From The Lone-Lands.
What is Tales From The Lone-Lands?
According to an official press release, Tales From The Lone-Lands will take adventurers to the northwest parts of Middle-earth. As the name implies, it is a land with no people, no inns, and roads falling into disrepair. What greets them instead are hills dreary hills, dark with trees, and old castles with a wicked look about them. The book will be a hardbook compendium, containing beautiful illustrations of this region of Middle-earth. This is the second expansion for The One Ring, following behind Ruins of the Lost Realm announced last September.
Tales From The Lone-Lands will contain six brand new prewritten adventures. These adventures can be played individually as standalone stories or played together as one major narrative. Those adventures are as follows:
- A Troll-Hole, If There Ever Was One is a self-contained adventure with hints of something sinister in the background.
- Kings of Little Kingdoms, yet another self-contained adventure with something evil happening in the margins.
- Messing About In Boats, an adventure involving an unexpected appearance by a member of the Company
- Not To Strike Without Need, follows a slow infiltration by the Enemy
- Wonders of the Northern World, continues the seeking of answers as to the Enemy's dealings
- The Quest of Amon Garuthos tasks the adventurers with battling an ancient evil
At the time of writing, there is currently no release date or price announced for Tales From The Lone-Lands.