Fans of tabletop RPGs know how complicated the hobby can get. In addition to books of lore and rules, Game Masters need to manage so many different moving parts that players bring to the table. It is because of that complexity that even adding animal companions, familiars, or pets to an adventuring party can lead to a lot of stress for those running the table. It's a problem that Paizo Publishing and Roll For Combat will attempt to address with Battlezoo Eldamon, which brings some Pokemon-inspired creature interactions to fantasy adventure campaigns.
What Is Battlezoo Eldamon?
According to an official press release, Battlezoo Eldamon is a tabletop RPG supplement that introduces new creatures called eldamon. They are described as playful ancient creatures, slightly out of phase with reality, that can meld into items, creatures, and locations. The book goes into detail about 160 unique different eldamon as well as various rules about how they work. These include how you can befriend and convince all of them to join your party, training them and battling other eldamon in friendly competitions, and even how certain eldamon can evolve into more powerful forms. In other words, it's similar in style to Nintendo's wildly successful Pokemon franchise.
Battlezoo Eldamon is designed to be accessible to players of all ages and skill levels. The book includes simple rules for battling and befriending eldamon while containing strategic depths for those wanting more out of them. Furthermore, they are designed to seamlessly integrate into any campaign setting, prewritten or homebrew. Finally, Battlezoo Eldamon is rules compatible not just with Paizo's own Pathfinder Second Edition but Wizards of the Coast's Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition as well. This isn't the first time the publisher has made their material 5e compatible as they've done a similar conversion for their most popular Pathfinder adventure path, The Abomination Vaults.
Battlezoo Eldamon is more than just a single book. There will also be a physical card game, Eldamon Battles, which brings the magical creature battling to physical tables. Furthermore, there is Battlezoo Bestiary Strange and Unusual, which introduces 150 new unique monsters, and Battlezoo Ancestries Year of Monsters which introduces new playable races, magic items, and dungeons.
Where Can I Buy Battlezoo Eldamon?
The Kickstarter campaign for Battlezoo Eldamon is currently live. It has raised $76,058, a little over half of its campaign target goal of $150,000. If you wish to become a backer for the campaign, the tiers include the following:
- Eldamon and Bestiary PDF for $50: You receive both the main supplement and the bestiary in PDF form, access to digital assets as well as playtest materials when they become available.
- Eldamon and Bestiary Hardcover for $99: You receive both the main supplement and bestiary as hardcover books.in addition to PDFs, digital assets, and playtest access.
- Eldamon Season 1 Card and Book for $139: In addition to everything above, you will receive the entire first season of the Eldamon Battles card game made up of five different sets:
- All Books for $139 (PDFs Only) or $199 (Hardcover Only): You receive just the main supplement, bestiary, and Year of Monsters material in the format of your choice, access to VTT assets on Foundry, and private monthly meetings with the developers during production.
- Eldamon Trainer for $299: This includes all books in PDF format, limited-run eldamon pins, plushies, miniatures, and dice, a hardcover leather eldamon notebook, and everything else mentioned above
- Year of Everything for $399: This includes everything mentioned above including physical books signed by the developers.
The Kickstarter campaign will conclude on August 26.