Fans of tabletop RPGs are most likely aware of Paizo. This tabletop publisher is mostly known for the fantasy TTRPG Pathfinder, a notable alternative to another popular TTRPG on the market, Dungeons and Dragons. Paizo has received recognition for being the first notable studio to push more progressive themes in their fantasy world, reliably supporting their game with substantive supplements as well as promotional services, and being one of the first studios to recognize and work alongside a game developer's union. Now, Paizo have announced that premium Pathfinder content will be coming to digital tables courtesy of a Foundry partnership.
This Foundry partnership announcement made on Paizo's official website. According to the post, Paizo will be releasing premium material found in Pathfinder Second Edition on to the virtual tabletop platform. The first of these will be the contents found in the Pathfinder Second Edition Beginner's Box on April 16. This precedes the official physical release of the Beginner's Box which is scheduled to release on April 23-24. Following that on April 27, the first volume of the Outlaws of Alkenstar Adventure Path, titled Punks in a Powder Keg will release simultaneously as a physical book and on as a Foundry digital purchase. This method will continue for Volumes two and three of the Adventure Path. Finally, coinciding with the physical compilation release in a few months, the Abomination Vaults Adventure Path will arrive as a deluxe module.
As per this Foundry partnership, all of the premium adventures released on the virtual tabletop will include the following:
- Adventure and toolbox content converted to Journal Entries, each customized by hand to provide dynamic links to other documents and specific instructions for running the adventure using the automation features of Foundry Virtual Tabletop.
- Scores of unique, high-resolution character and monster tokens.
- Exclusive, highly detailed, and immersive adventure maps with support for Foundry Virtual Tabletop's Overhead Tiles and Foreground Layer features, re-created using assets from Forgotten Adventures.
- Scenes pre-configured with walls, lights, sound, tokens, and hazards already placed to provide GMs the most convenient experience running the adventure.
- Music, ambience, and sound effects provided using audio from the extensive Syrinscape library.
- Script Macros that allow a GM to ease the effort needed to handle more complex encounters that await players.
For clarification, this Foundry partnership is not to be confused with another online platform that Paizo has worked with as well: the digital platform Demiplane for their own service called Pathfinder Nexus. There is currently no news on how much this premium content on Foundry will cost and how it will compare to the physical release.