Today the developers at CABO Studio launched an update for the popular top-down extraction shooter Zero Sievert.
The update, numbered 0.30, comes with a host of tweaks and changes including a daily quest, more weapons, more attachment, quality-of-life tweaks, and tons of bug fixes.
You can check out a trailer below and the full patch notes.
Introducing Daily Quests to ZERO Sievert! We're excited to announce that we've just added a brand-new feature to enhance your adventures in the world of Zakov. Starting today, you'll find Daily Quests waiting for you in-game, which refresh every day at 7 AM Zakov time. These quests are designed to offer you a variety of challenges tailored to different difficulty levels, ensuring that there's something for everyone. The best part? There's no deadline to complete them, and you can always give up a quest through the quest list if it's not to your liking. Get ready to embark on fresh, engaging missions every day and uncover even more of what Zakov has to offer!
- PP-19 Bizon
- 9x18mm variant
- 9x19mm variant
- Tokarev TT-33
- AK Wooden foregrip
- Ak wooden foregrip with rail
- G36 desert attachments: stock and 2 handguards
- 2 Muzzle brakes for 9x18mm and 9x19mm
- 2 new long-range scopes
- 7.62x25mm silencer
- 12x70mm silencer
- 7.62x51 30 rounds and 50 rounds magazine
- Marginally improved map generation times and in-game performance on maps with lots of grass.
- Fixed a memory leak issue.
- Improved stability and performance, especially on low-spec hardware.
- The map seeds will now be shown when in debug mode.
- Updated intro animation.
- Removed version update message on first boot.
Quality of Life & Gameplay
- Added a “Resume” button to the main menu that will load the last played slot.
- You can now remove certain quests from your quest list.
- Extraction zones now have a green flare as an indicator.
- A red HUD appears at the screen border when the user is hit while scoping.
- A dedicated keybind has been added to unjam a weapon (default: "V").
- Weapons now remember the last selected fire mode.
- Hovering over a weapon now displays compatible ammo and vice versa.
- Boars now make almost constant sounds when attacking.
- Sleep will now cure all bleeding stacks.
- Sleep will cure radiation at a rate of 0.01 radiation per minute (in-game time) of sleep.
- No matter the value of the setting "amount of single item," items found in containers that have their maximum stack amount equal to 1 cannot exceed this amount.
- The quantity of a single item in both containers and traders cannot exceed 999.
- Injectors now have new names.
- In-game year/day/month now reflects real world dates. (No more February 30)
- Slightly decreased stamina regeneration.
- Sprinter skill sprint speed nerfed: from 10% + 3% per level to 5% + 1% per level.
- Scrap material needed to repair equipment is slightly increased.
- Armour repair from the doctor is now calculated based on the price of the armour, not its armour class. Generally, armor repair is more expensive now.
- Increased price for injectors.
- Small rebalance for injectors.
- Small balance changes made for consumables:
- Cooked meat: Hunger 23 -> 16
- Sandwich meat: Hunger 16 -> 22
- Bottle of water: Thirst 20 -> 25
- Rotten water: Thirst 18 -> 12. Radiation 0.3 -> 0.4
- Cooked pasta now gives 2 bowls instead of 1.
- Cooked egg no longer requires water.
- Sandwich butter now requires only 1 bread.
- Fixed an issue where enemies can spawn in walls.
- Fixed a bug where there are unreachable extraction points on any map.
- Fixed an issue regarding shadow casting in the bunker.
- Fixed an issue where the "tutorial" tab is highlighted after the user returns from the "Data" menu.
- Fixed an issue where a tank is floating in the northern area of the Bunker.
- Fog Alpha can no longer be adjusted, even if Fog of War is set OFF.
- Fixed an issue where Fog of War shadow clip is corrupted when sprinting near base fence on Swamp map.
- Fixed an issue where corrupted grass texture is displayed when disabling the "Grass Sway" setting.
- Fixed a crash during Mall map loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where the version update message can be closed unintentionally.
- Fixed an issue where the data collection option does not reflect the user's choice until the game is rebooted.
- Fixed an exploit where inventory items can be continuously multiplied by spamming the Inventory tab while sleeping.
- Fixed an issue where footsteps SFX is missing in the Bunker.
- Fixed an issue where the user can trigger inspect (K) while consuming consumables.
- Fixed an issue where extraction counter is overlapping with the death screen.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling and reinstalling modules in different slots will multiply the module in the slots it was previously installed.
- Fixed an issue where the character is teleported and gets stuck in an unreachable area after entering the Sewer.
- Fixed an issue where acquiring some task rewards will trigger the "GA diff settings lvl 3" message to pop-up.
- Fixed a crash that happens after pressing ESC from General Artemovich task menu.
- Fixed an issue where the "character health" setting incorrectly applies the HP value.
- Fixed an issue where the credits section keeps scrolling down with no content.
- Fixed an issue where the player character can move during sleep if the ESC button is triggered.
- Fixed an issue where corrupted Fog of War can be rendered on display edges.
- Fixed an issue where stacked bullet numbers in the trader inventory menu overlap with the tab grid.
- Fixed an issue where the ESC key triggers the Pause Menu instead of going back to previous options in Armor Repair at Doctor.
- Fixed an issue where bleeding still occurs after setting "Human/Mutant damage dealt" to 0.
- Fixed an issue where the save file slot will be shown as "0H 0M" in the Load Game screen even if Permadeath is active.
- Fixed an issue where using anti-rad Pill stacks in a radiation zone will affect the Radiation grain and bleeding.
- Fixed an issue where metal pipe quantity can be doubled in Mr.Junk inventory after they are put in trading slots and the trade menu is closed and reopened.
- Similarly, fixed an issue where multiple med consumables can be doubled in Doctor's trading menu.
- Fixed an issue where ghouls sometimes idle in attacking animation while the user is nearby.
- Fixed an issue where the character could start bleeding from radiation in the bunker only after sleeping.
- Fixed an issue where inspect can be triggered while scoping.
- Fixed an issue where the character's weapon can clip through the wall at the bunker entrance.
- Fixed an issue where two checkpoint markers can be present on the screen when the user exits any building.
- Fixed an issue where the clock from the personal device skips one hour when the user sleeps before midnight until the next day.
- Fixed an issue where the player can spawn inside an object and get stuck when leaving the train.
- Multiple typo fixes.
- Fixed a bug where the equipped weapon could glitch when moving from left to right and looking up and down.
- Fixed a bug of missing SFX while the user is walking through fire anomalies.
- Fixed a bug where trees spawn under cliffs, resulting in cropped textures.
- Fixed a bug where the fog of war is not immediately loaded after loading a game.
- Fixed a bug where grass can be created outside of the map.
- Fixed a bug where the grass disappears before the black screen fades in after the user extracts from a map.
- Fixed a bug of corrupted points of interest in the parking lot of the mall map.
- Fixed a bug where the electric anomaly in the mall map was not attacking the player.
- Fixed a bug where the player can turn invisible by performing a set of actions.
- Fixed a bug where the purple crystal cutscene can be interrupted if the user is healing or consuming.
- Fixed a bug where corrupted graphics could appear after deploying on the Mall map.
- Fixed a bug where mutants always cause the player to bleed and wound.
- Players are no longer able to equip rotated pistols.
- Fixed an issue where inventory slots are highlighted when hovering over certain items in several menus.
- Fixed an issue where the player is unable to switch between ammo types if the weapon is not loaded.
- Fixed an issue where savedata was wiped if the device lost power during saving.
- Fixed a bug where the game would launch in fullscreen mode even if the player's settings indicated otherwise.
- Fixed a crash if a particular type of grass wasn't generated.
Zero Sievert is currently available exclusively for PC in early access and you can find it on Steam. While it's an extraction shooter, it comes with retro-style 2D graphics that make it rather unique, vast procedurally-generated maps, extensive weapon customization, and plenty of storytelling via many quests.
If you'd like to learn more about the game, you can read our dedicated preview. We also have plenty of guides to help you face Zero Sievert's challenges.