Microsoft has announced the Xbox Hall of Fame, a new initiative to get players hyped for the impending launch of the Xbox Series X. Many prizes are on offer for dedicated gamers — including the chance to win your very own Xbox Series X console.
The Xbox Hall of Fame is an extensive contest featuring eight categories. The best of the best in these categories can win big, and both new and old Xbox gamers alike are being given the opportunity to score some sweet prizes.
How Does the Xbox Hall of Fame Work?
Simply put, the Xbox Hall of Fame is a competition that you have to actively sign up for. You won't have to beat out everyone else in the world; each participating country is going to have its own Xbox Hall of Fame. You will, however, be competing against every other Xbox gamer in your nation.
The Xbox Hall of Fame will have eight categories, each with their own eligibility period:
- Gamerscore Legend (November 22, 2013–October 19, 2020) – Earn the highest total GamerScore.
- Achievement Conqueror (November 22, 2013–October 19, 2020) – Earn the most achievements.
- Game Pass Rule (November 22, 2013–October 19, 2020) – Play the most games.
- GamerScore Champion (October 1–19, 2020) – Earn the highest total GamerScore.
- Achievement Defeater (October 1–19, 2020) – Unlock the most new achievements.
- Forza Horizon 4 Hall of Fame circuit (September 22–October 11, 2020) – Have the fastest lap on the Hall of Fame circuit.
- Sea of Thieves Legendary Captain (October 2–4, 2020) – Earn the most Emissary Value.
- State of Decay 2 Zombie Slayer (October 16–18, 2020) – Destroy all Plague Hearts as quickly as you can on a new Standard Zone map.
The winners in each category will receive the following prizes:
- An Xbox Series X console
- An Xbox Hall of Fame trophy
- A limited-edition Xbox Hall of Fame hoodie
- 12 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
Additionally, 10 random people who registered to participate in each region will win 12 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Even if you fail, you'll still have a chance to win!
Now, if you're thinking about running out to buy an Xbox One S and jump in, there's some bad news: this new contest is only open to Gamertags that have existed before today. This was done to ensure fairness across all categories. As an example, someone could get a new Gamertag and then play through a bunch of games to quickly rack up achievements in a way that might not have been possible for a longtime Xbox gamer.
Microsoft has cooked up a pretty cool contest to reward its longtime fans. If you think you've got what it takes to be the best, you can sign up for the Xbox Hall of Fame right now. Some of these challenges are already active, so get to it!
What do you think of the Xbox Hall of Fame? Do you think you have a shot at winning any of the categories? Let us know in the comments below!