Megan Spurr, Community Lead at Xbox Game Pass, has revealed this month's additions to Microsoft's service. This includes Embr, Gorogoa, Olija, Outer Wilds, The Pedestrian, The Anacrusis, Mass Effect Legendary Edition, and Spelunky 2. There's a lot to cover today since there are also some high-profile titles leaving Xbox Game Pass, so let's get to it, shall we?
What's Joining Xbox Game Pass in January?
- Gorogoa (Cloud, Console, and PC): A puzzle game with a hand-drawn story designed and illustrated by Jason Roberts. It was also the Winner of Debut Game at the BAFTA Games Awards.
- Olija (Cloud, Console, and PC): A man named Faraday is shipwrecked and trapped in the mysterious country of Terraphage. Armed with a legendary harpoon that he'll hopefully use to take down at least one whale, Faraday and his fellow castaways will try to escape Terraphage and return to their homelands.
- The Pedestrian (Cloud, Console, and PC): a 2.5D side-scroller puzzle platformer, you'll explore a dynamic world with challenging puzzles that will have you rearranging and reconnecting public signs to explore and advance through the game.
Available January 6:
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition (Console and PC): The remastered Legendary Edition includes the first three Mass Effect titles and over 40 DLCs from the trilogy. If you've been waiting for a sale or a deal and have an Xbox Game Pass subscription, there's no better time than to jump back into Bioware's space opera epic.
- Outer Wilds (Cloud, Console, and PC): Explore hand-crafted solar systems with a variety of tools that include a spaceship, jetpack, a surveyor probe, and a signal scope to view landmarks and track down audio signals.
Available January 13:
- Spelunky 2 (Console and PC): Want a challenge? Spelunky 2 offers that in spades as you carve your way through randomly-generated caves and ruins. You'll be able to play alone or with friends.
- The Anacrusis (Game Preview)(Console and PC): This is a four-player and cooperative FPS set on a massive spaceship stranded at the edge of space. You'll be able to unlock perks, weapons, and new ways to play as you and your team take on massive alien hordes.
What's Leaving Xbox Game Pass in January
Leaving January 15:
- Desperados III (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Ghost of a Tale (PC)
- Kingdom Hearts III (Console)
- Mount & Blade: Warband (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Pandemic (Console and PC)
- Yiik: A Postmodern RPG (PC)
January 15 is technically not the only day that games will be leaving the service, as PUBG: Battlegrounds leaving on January 10 and rejoining on January 12 as a free-to-play title.
For more information on everything Xbox, stay tuned to TechRaptor.
What do you think of the games joining and leaving this month? Let us know in the comments!