Latest Wrestling Game Looks A Bit Dated
WWE 2K20 appears to have a few problems. Actually, it has more than a few problems — several users across the Internet are complaining about various graphical bugs and glitches, removed features, and a host of other problems.
Unsurprisingly, a new World Wrestling Entertainment game comes out every year. Unfortunately, it seems like this year's game has a boatload of problems that are only really evident once you've spent some time with the actual game. Poor model quality, glitching models, lag in online play, and more than two dozen other problems have been collected in a list posted to the /r/Games subreddit.
A Highlight of the WWE 2K20 Issues
Here is a smattering of the problems reportedly affecting the game:
- The first minute of online games is terribly laggy and performs at roughly 5 FPS.
- Online appears to have lost several features from previous years, including:
- MyCareer Arenas
- User-created Arenas
- The ability to edit match rules
- Using Custom Matches that you've saved
- Various unmentioned match modes appear to be gone with no explanation
- Button prompts don't always appear at the correct time, if at all
- Hair physics is rougher compared to previous entries
- Putting a logo on your MyPlayer prevents My Career from loading
- While you can upload images for custom logos, you can't actually download them in-game
This is just a handful of the problems players have mentioned — the actual list on /r/Games is many times longer (and much more worrying for fans of this franchise). One key problem that's sure to be highlighted is the appearance of overall lower graphical quality as is blatantly obvious in the picture of The Rock above. Gltiches are also highly reported for the game as you can see in the video below:
For one reason or another, it seems that the developers of the WWE games have seriously dropped the ball on this year's entry. Hopefully some post-launch patches can fix things up, but the problems may be trickier to fix with just a patch alone.
Have you encountered any problems with WWE 2K20? How do you think this year's edition stacks up against previous years? Let us know in the comments below!