Ukrainian Drone Operator Game Death from Above Rocks Early Access Release with Song by Antytila

Are you ready to fight back against the russian invaders as a Ukrainian drone operator? The new game Death from Above has just been released in early access on Steam alongside the rocking theme song "Мій сокіл" ("My Falcon") by popular band Antytila. 🫡

Published: May 25, 2023 10:49 AM /


Death From Above Art

Today the drone warfare game Death from Above by developer Rockodile Games and publisher Lesser Evil has been released in early access.

The game, funded via a successful Kickstarter campaign a few months ago, is now available on Steam for $9.99.

It's a single-player arcade-style drone game featuring the russian invasion of Ukraine as its setting. It lets you play the role of a Ukrainian military drone operator engaging in battles against enemy forces, collecting valuable equipment, and repairing communication lines that have been damaged by the conflict.

To celebrate the release, we also get the debut of the theme song, aptly titled "Мій сокіл" ("My Falcon") by the popular Ukrainian band Antytila.

Below you can check out the version in Ukrainian, while an English version is available on the band's official YouTube channel.

It's worth mentioning that charities Army of Drones and Come Back Alive will receive 30% of net proceeds from Steam sales of Death from Above and 70% after the game breaks even. The remaining 30% will be invested in further development.

While the developer is based in Finland, Ukrainian developers and artists have been hired to collaborate in the game's creation, while local NGO Aerorozvidka and military software developer Gis Arta offered consultation about drone warfare and technology.

If you'd like to hear more about Death from Above and the philosophy behind it, you can read our interview with game director Erik Lesser. If you want to see more, you can enjoy the previously released trailer.

Have a tip, or want to point out something we missed? Leave a Comment or e-mail us at

Giuseppe Nelva Profile Picture
| Former News Editor

Started as News Editor at TechRaptor in January 2023, following over 20 years of professional experience in gaming journalism both on print media and on the… More about Giuseppe