Ukrainian Drone Operator Game Death From Above Gets Early Access Release Date

Death from Above just got an early access release date on Steam. The game has you play a Ukrainian drone operator fighting back against the russian invaders.

Published: May 9, 2023 11:51 AM /


Death From Above

Today the upcoming drone warfare game "Death from Above" by developer Rockodile Games and publisher Lesser Evil got a release date. 

The game will release in early access on Steam on May 25 priced at a modest  $9.99/€9.99. 

The announcement was accompanied by a trailer, showing more gameplay. 

Death From Above has been funded via a successful Kickstarter campaign a few months ago. Ukrainian charities Army of Drones and Come Back Alive will receive 30% of net proceeds from Steam sales and 70% after the game breaks even. The remaining 30% will be invested in further development.

If you'd like to hear more about the game and the philosophy behind it, you can read our interview with game director Erik Lesser

Death From Above is a single-player arcade-style drone game, featuring the russian invasion of Ukraine as its setting. As a Ukrainian military drone operator, you'll engage in battles against enemy forces, collect valuable equipment, and repair critical communication lines that have been damaged by the conflict.

The developers have partnered with Ukrainian artists like the band Antytila and more for the creation of the game, and Ukrainian companies working on drone technology and warfare are also collaborating with development by offering insight and information. 

Have a tip, or want to point out something we missed? Leave a Comment or e-mail us at

Giuseppe Nelva Profile Picture
| Former News Editor

Started as News Editor at TechRaptor in January 2023, following over 20 years of professional experience in gaming journalism both on print media and on the… More about Giuseppe