Ubisoft have announced today the system requirements, both minimum and recommended, for playing Assassin's Creed: Unity on your PC, and boy are they heavy! We are looking at Ubisoft's latest game in its Assassin's Creed series, which puts you in 18th-century Paris during the French Revolution. The new focus seems to be on improving city dynamics and co-op multiplayer missions that look into the development of the Brotherhood during the Revolution.
The requirements are as follows:
- 64-bit Platform
- Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1
- DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- 50 GB (that's not a typo) HDD space
- Mouse + Keyboard compatible with Windows, gamepad optional
- DirectX 11
- For Multiplayer: 256 kbps or faster broadband connection
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K (3.3 GHz) / AMD FX 8350 (4 GHz) / AMD Phenom II x4 940 (3.0 GHz)
- RAM: 6 GB (uhm, woah?)
- Video: nVidia GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB versions)
- CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 (3.4 GHz) or AMD FX 8350 (4 GHz)
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video: nVidia GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM)
The graphics requirement was a lot to swallow considering that cards like the GTX 550 Ti were considered good mid-range cards only two years ago and are now not even being considered for the minimum requirements. What do you think about ACU's requirements? Let us know in the comments!