Following the release of the Chaos Dwarfs DLC for Total War: Warhammer 3, fans have been wondering what coming next. Today, Creative Assembly answered.
The developer revealed an extensive roadmap for the next 12 months, including both DLC, free content, and updates, as you can see below.
We start with update 3.1, which will come in the last week of this month including the following:
- Chaos Dwarfs arrive as an End Game Scenario in Immortal Empires: Now that you can spread the flame of Hashut, can you also weather the late-game molten tide…?
- Regiments of Renown: Seven new units join the line-up of the base WARHAMMER III races! Can you guess which seven?
- New Legendary Hero: Discover the latest Legendary Hero to join the fray. Look forward to a special reveal later this month for an official introduction!
- Multiple crash and performance fixes, bug fixes, gameplay tweaks, and more!
Update 4.0 will come in the summer alongside the DLC "Shadow of Change."
- SHADOWS OF CHANGE: Our fourth official DLC explores the ongoing story of three races—Tzeentch, Cathay, and Kislev—while introducing three new Legendary Lords, a new Legendary Hero, a ton of new units, and more!
- Free Legendary Hero: Another Legendary Hero joins the roster…a front-line fighter twisted by the Lord of Change!
- Immortal Empires Achievements: A popular request, the time has come; complete a swath of new achievements for all the different races on the biggest battlefield ever.
- Race Updates: The three races cast into the spotlight by the DLC will also be the benefactors of a base-race update. So, for all you Tzeentch, Cathay, and Kislev commanders, this could be a great place to start some conversations with your fellow players.
- AI Updates: Expect tweaks and fixes to the player bias and campaign AI as the world and threats therein continues to evolve.
- Settlement Battle Improvements: Another ongoing project, expect the latest adjustments, bug fixes, and AI improvements to settlement battles.
- …and, as always, more fixes and features to come in Update 4.0!
Update 5.0 coming in the winter of 2023 will come alongside the DLC "Thrones of Decay."
- THRONES OF DECAY: Nurgle, the Empire, and the Dwarfs take the spotlight with their own Legendary Lords and new campaigns to expand the TW: WH universe. This, in addition to a new Legendary Hero, new units, and other perks we’ll share about the latest DLC.
- Free Legendary Hero: Another Legendary Hero joins the toolbox. No hints on this one… (you already have all the clues you need!)
- The Nemesis Crown: A new legendary artefact (akin to the Sword of Khaine) appears on the battlefield. We’ll dive into what it offers before its addition in 5.0…
- Race Updates: Nurgle, the Empire, and the Dwarfs are under the microscope, which makes for a great opportunity to prioritize your ideas and complaints before the end of the year!
- …and, of course, more, more, more!
Update 6.0 will arrive in spring of 2024 with another DLC which will expand three of the game’s races and introduce new Legendary Lords, a new Legendary Hero, and more.
Yet, that's not all, as the developer is already thinking about its plans for the rest of 2024 and beyond. With Games Workshop poised to bring back the only fantasy Warhammer that counts with The Old World, it'll be interesting to see if we'll see new synergies between the video game and tabletop. The future appears to be bright for veteran fans of the franchise who didn't really care to move away from the beloved classic setting.
Total War: Warhammer 3 is currently available exclusively for PC. If you'd like to know more, you can take a look at our review in which our Andrew Otton praised the game as "the best Total War has ever been, period."