Developer Dark Screen Games and publisher Merge Games revealed their latest title, Bounty Battle. Dubbed as the "ultimate indie brawler," it pits all the star characters from the best selling indie franchises within the last couple of years. Clearly inspired by the likes of Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and Brawlhalla, the gameplay pits players against each other on a 2D platform.
The roster includes Guacamelee!'s Darkest Dungeon, Dead Cells' Awesomenauts, Axiom Verge's SteamWorld Dig, and The Bug Butcher's Blocks that Matter. At launch, Bounty Battle will feature story mode, local co-op multiplayer, and a roster of over 20 characters each with their own move set library. Players can battle it out in over ten different arenas, inspired by the game's own worlds.
- A host of game modes including a Story Mode, Couch Multiplayer, Practise and Tutorial to discover your style
- Over 20 characters from your favorite Indie titles each with their own move set and special attacks
- Each fighter has their very own minion to summon and join the fight
- Over 10 arenas to battle on – some plucked from the worlds of their fighters
- Multiple color and palette swap options to fight in style!
Bounty Battle still doesn't have a set release date, but the studio promises to launch the title some time later this summer for Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Not only that, players can order the game's Signature Edition featuring a 34-page booklet featuring a background story for each character, four limited edition enamel pins, an alternative artwork, and more. Make sure to check out the announcement trailer below to catch some of the action.
Which indie game's star characters you would like to see added to Bounty Battle down the line? Whether it is a protagonist or an antagonist, let us know your favorite characters!