The Subnautica: Below Zero Arctic Living update is here and it adds a bunch of cool new things to Unknown World Entertainment's latest Early Access title. Following up from 2018's Subnautica, Subnautica: Below Zero has players returning to the mysterious Planet 4546B to explore the land and exploit it for Alterra's gain. Unfortunately, there's a minor disaster and you find yourself stranded and short on supplies — it's time to explore the planet and get to building a base!
The Arctic Living Update adds a few new things for players to enjoy, many of which are new additions to your base and vehicles.
- Control Room
- The Control Room is exactly what it says on the tin: a room that lets you control various base functions. Locate hull breaches, check power status, find out the weather, and more!
- Want to listen to some jammin' tunes? The Jukebox can be installed in your base or on your submarine with in-game music disks or your own tracks straight from your PC.
- Large Room
- Need a lot of space? The large room (seen in our header image) has got you covered!
- Glass Domes
- Glass Domes (also seen in our header) can be played on Multipurpose Rooms and the Large Room to let a little bit of daylight in.
- Mineral Detector
- Unsurprisingly, this detects minerals.
- Booster Tank
- Want to speed up a bit? The Booster Tank provides you with an underwater burst of speed while on foot. (Fins?)
- Prawn Suit
- Finally, every Subnautica player's favorite mecha is back!
- Flashlight Helmet
- Tired of being stuck in the dark? The Flashlight Helmet will brighten your day (literally).
Make sure you watch the Subnautica: Below Zero Arctic Living Update Trailer below — there's something really interesting at the end! If you don't yet already own Below Zero, you can get it on Steam or on the Humble Store at a price of $19.99 or your regional equivalent. Console players will still have a bit of a wait as the game hasn't yet arrived on the Xbox One or PlayStation 4. Subnautica: Below Zero will hopefully launch in full before the end of 2019.
Disclosure: Humble Bundle works with TechRaptor for affiliate partnership, and TechRaptor earns a small commission off purchases made from some links in this article
What do you think of the handful of new features added in the Subnautica: Below Zero Arctic Living update? What do you think the mysterious thing is at the end of the trailer? Let us know in the comments below!