Starpoint Gemini 2, the open world, tactical space simulator from Little Green Men Games, released on PC last year. Since then, it has sold over 100,000 copies, and this has prompted the developers to expand the platforms that it is available on. On December 11th, Starpoint Gemini 2 will be released on Xbox One.
Starpoint Gemini 2 gives players access to the imperial occupied Gemini star system, allowing them to freely explore anywhere within at any time. Numerous star ships are also available for players to choose from, combined with some rpg elements to provide depth to the tactical combat.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=032W3z058PM&feature=youtu.be
Additionally, some of the features of Starpoint Gemini 2 include:
- Complex, but easy-to-use RPG system, now coupled with dynamic real-time 3D combat.
- Explore the dynamic game world as a whole, rather than through individual maps.
- Use T-Gates, wormholes and riftways to travel faster around the Gemini system.
- Fifty diverse factions ranging from states and companies to outlaws, locked in a powerstruggle, with over 100 commodities to trade or plunder.
- Special revocable licenses acquired from factions offer various bonuses and unlock new options.
- Hire mercenary captains to follow you on your travels and share your fate, and employ officers to fill key positions on your ship (engineering, navigation, tactical).
- Random missions get generated depending on the player’s actions and allegiances.
- Over 70 unique ships, fully upgradeable with various ship systems, with a.o. visible turrets, and a large arsenal of destructive weapons to blast enemies to pieces.
- Direct ship controls create complete immersion.
- Advanced physics provided by NVIDIA PhysX technology.
Some features have been added or altered to fit better on a console. Some of the changes for the Xbox One version of the game include:
- Entirely new HUD design, both new visual appearance and functionality crafted for Xbox controllers.
- Added new camera mode, "rotate and follow", for easier maneuvering when playing.
- Redesigned user interface with new quick access controls.
- Added Xbox achievements.
Starpoint Gemini 2 for PC is available on Steam, and is on sale until December 1st. It will be available on Xbox One on December 11th.