Today Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts announced a new update for the PC version of Star Wars Jedi: Survivor.
The update is releasing today and will also come to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S soon, albeit a release date for the console version has not been revealed and will be announced in due course. The PC version, on the other hand, is getting some much-awaited optimization to improve performance.
You can read the official patch notes below.
- (PC only) Improved content caching to reduce hitching.
- (PC only) Improved thread handling when raytracing is turned off.
- (PC only) Fix for an issue where lowering the PC visual settings would incorrectly lower your resolution scale if FSR is disabled.
- Note: if you previously disabled FSR and are playing on a lower visual quality, you may want to readjust your quality settings.
- (PC only) Fix for a reset button not responding on PC when using both controller and keyboard.
- Various performance fixes.
- Stability improvements.
- More robust detection of pre-order and deluxe content in-game, preventing players from only randomly having access to the content.
- Various collision and navigation improvements to prevent issues where characters get stuck out of bounds.
- Fixed an issue where Drya Thornne would become invincible.
- Music-related fixes
- Fixed an issue where Bode wouldn’t grab the senator during some New Game+ playthroughs.
- Fix for a bug where the Skriton wouldn’t appear correctly.
- Fix for Dagan not appearing correctly in a cinematic.
- Fixed some rare instances of players being unable to progress further in the game even after reloading.
- Fix for a bug where the Gorocco would disappear mid-combat.
- Fix for an issue where Cal would get stuck in a specific Blaster state if dying while in it.
- Fix for a bug where BD-1 wouldn’t be able to open a door.
- Fix for void tear interactions not working correctly.
- Fix for trying to load corrupt save games sometimes leaving you in the main menu. It will now correctly attempt to load your backup save.
- Improved UX for Koboh matter turrets that players were previously unable to exit out of.
- Fix for the Rancor and the Wampa not correctly leaving Cal's XP behind when he respawns.
- Fix for a bug where the Skills menu wouldn't correctly close.
- Improved sync for sound during one of the cinematics.
- Fix for the environment not loading correctly on Koboh after Cal respawns.
The developer mentions that more updates are coming across all platforms, so if this one doesn't fix a specific issue you're suffering from, help is likely on the way.
If you'd like to read more about Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, it's currently available for PC, PS5, and Xbox Series X|S. You should definitely read our enthusiastic review and our interview with senior producer Blair Brown and design director Jeff Magers. You can also watch the latest trailer to see what the game is all about.