Star Wars Battlefront 2 Progression Being Revamped, New Season Details

Published: January 29, 2018 2:49 PM /


star wars battlefront 2 upcoming content season

Even though it got off to a bit of a rocky start when it first launched late last year, DICE is wholly committed to improving the overall gameplay experience for Star Wars Battlefront 2 players, and in a recent blog post, the studio talked about some of the specific improvements it will be making in 2018.

The full blog post, which you can read here, starts out by listing some stats regarding last month’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi content season. It would seem that, of all the players who participated in the content season’s accompanying faction war, 58 percent of them chose to fight for the villainous First Order while the remaining 42 percent allied themselves with the Resistance, which would help explain why the First Order eventually emerged triumphant after over 10 million faction quests were completed during the season’s duration.

Speaking of content seasons, the blog post also confirmed that a new season is on the way and it should be ready to go soon. Further details about the season are being kept under wraps for now, though DICE did say that it is integrating feedback it received from The Last Jedi season into this new season. As for other upcoming features, a new game mode called Jetpack Cargo will arrive sometime in February. The mode will pit two teams of eight players, all of whom are equipped with jetpacks, against each other, but it will also only be available during a limited time period. Additional limited-time modes will likely follow after Jetpack Cargo.

Finally, DICE confirmed in the post that it is working on a fully revamped player progression system, one which will skew more closely towards the kind of progression features players have been asking for. Again, DICE couldn’t say a whole lot about the new progression system at this point, but it did promise that a more in-depth preview of the changes it is making will be going up sometime in March, suggesting that the revamped progression system itself likely won't arrive until a little later into 2018.

Are you still invested in Star Wars Battlefront 2? Are you excited about the revamped progression system? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!


Have a tip, or want to point out something we missed? e-mail us at [email protected] or join us on Discord!


More Info About This Game
Learn more about Star Wars Battlefront 2
Electronic Arts
Xbox One, PC, PlayStation 4
Release Date
November 17, 2017 (Calendar)
Purchase (Some links may be affiliated)