The latest in the line of best-selling Sims games, The Sims 4, has been notorious for adding much-needed content and updates in their patches as the game has progressed. The latest update to PC version 126.96.36.1990 and Mac version 188.8.131.520 is no exception to the rule and delivers a plethora of new content for users to enjoy.
The biggest update is the addition of terrain tools, allowing your Sims to dig shallow graves to bury their neighbors’ bodies or to erect a mountaintop as a shrine to the god of their choosing. This also comes complete with a new Build Mode lesson on how to use terrain tools properly. Another property update includes allowing for variable foundation heights of buildings on the same lot, a new manipulation tool for doing so and the ability to add two additional basement levels, bringing the total up to four. There will also be two new additional half-wall heights to expand your design choices even more.
And now, filed under “features that should have been added a long time ago” is the ability to view the world in first-person. That’s right, you can now see through the eyes of your Sims! No word yet on if there is a VR game planned because let’s be honest we all want to live in the Sims from time to time.
There is also the addition of a new career as a Style Influencer, including the items sketchpad and style-board, as well as four new pieces of clothing and six new accessories to complete the look. Style Influencer not for you? Now your Sims will also have the option to register their profession with the Ministry of Labor and select their own job title.
The update also adds a new “First Time User Experience” tutorial for new players narrated by comedian Jessica Williams, and modifications to the user profiles in the gallery. Whims can be enabled or disabled at your choosing, and there have been modifications to both the Relationships panel and the Simology panel.
From now until December 4th, 2018, The Sims 4 has partnered with Stranger Things actress Millie Bobby Brown to give your Sims a Positivity Challenge. Simply have your Sim call the event coordinator on their phone and they can dive right in, unlocking a new aspiration, various rewards and a new trait for completing all tiers by the end of the challenge. Plus you get to make the virtual world a better place if that interests you.
In addition to these game enhancements and updates, there were also several bugs that were patched and fixed. Here are some of our favorites:
- Sims will be more discerning over who they decide is worth mourning when an NPC Sim passes away.
- It seems our Sims went through a phase of being introverted; please excuse them. They’ve resumed socializing in Cafes, Bars, and Lounge venues.
- Your Sims’ neighbor’s toddlers were occasionally being imbued with a desire to go fishing. This was causing the toddler’s caregiver to appear, and let themselves into your home uninvited. Don’t ask how the two are connected, just know that toddlers won’t want to go fishing anymore, which in turn keeps these uninvited strangers out of your home.
- Male Sims wearing steel-toed boots paired with a skirt (It’s called fashion, look it up.) would previously have their legs disappear. Happily, we’ve fixed this.
- Fixed a t-shirt that was causing Sims’ elbows to bend in a very odd manner.
- Sims may now WooHoo in leaf piles that build up outside of a lot.
- The Cantina venue in Selvadorada will continue playing festive Latin music, even if your Sim chooses to not pay their household bills on time.
What part of the updates to The Sims 4 are you most looking forward to? What should still be added? Let us know in the comments below!