Action RPG The Surge has received a free DLC update in the form of the Cutting Edge Pack, which offers new armor and weapons to players. As part of this new DLC pack's release, Deck13 is also offering The Surge and its existing paid DLC at up to 60% discount on Steam, with sales up to 75% off on the European PS4 and Xbox One stores.
The Cutting Edge DLC pack offers 3 entirely new armor sets, each of which will grant a bonus to players for wearing matching head, body, leg and arm components. The 3 armor sets are as follows:
- Angel: grants players faster attack speeds, more efficient energy gain, and a buff to the game's "CODENAME" weapons
- Asclepius: bestows regenerative powers on players
- Nano Ward: adds an explosive element to players' timed block parries
- Dark Star: features a "unique containment field" element to attacks, also known as Experiment 44H
- Englehart: players using this weapon can add a fire element to their attacks at any time, but it is "as potentially dangerous to the wielder as their enemies"
- Last Aid: a repurposed surgical tool
The Surge is a sci-fi action RPG released in 2017, developed by Deck13 Interactive and published by Focus Home Interactive. Akin to From Software's Souls series, the game consists of exploring hostile areas and engaging in high-stakes melee combat with a variety of enemies and bosses. A sequel was announced earlier this year and will be releasing in 2019