The first time we saw Hellpoint was on Kickstarter back in April 2017. Since then, it managed to surpass its goal comfortably, went into multiple alpha and beta phases to gather fan feedback during development, and experienced multiple changes along the way. However, developer Cradle Games and renowned indie publisher tinyBuild finally revealed the title's official release date.
Hellpoint is a blend of the Dark Souls and Dead Space experiences, with the studio taking pride in their title's difficulty and relentless enemies. Throughout its development, Cradle Games continuously added new enemy types, the ability to play through the campaign in split-screen co-op, and even in multiplayer. The following are Hellpoint's main features for those unfamiliar with the title.
- Souls-like gameplay in a unique setting: Explore the derelict space station of Irid Novo and face bizarre enemies with a tight and unforgiving combat system.
- Occult space story: Blending science and fantasy, the intensely atmospheric dark sci-fi setting will keep you searching for answers
- Dynamic World: The Quantic System acts as a dungeon master; slightly transforming the game world every time you die and triggering events as the station revolves around the black hole.
- Jump-in co-op and PvP multiplayer: Ask a friend to press Start to join a couch co-op session or call for assistance online. Hellpoint offers a full, uninterrupted co-op story with shared loot drops.
- Split-screen support: The full Hellpoint experience is available in jump-in/jump-out split-screen multiplayer on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Hellpoint releases officially for PC. PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on April 16. Alongside the announcement, the developer gave their fans another action-packed trailer to keep them hyped, and it totally works. Let us know if you are like what you see from Hellpoint so far and if you plan on picking it up. The space-y Dark Souls aesthetic is definitely appealing.