Surf's Up, Dudes
Hold onto your shutter shades and put new batteries in your Walkman — the Rust Sunburn DLC is here to heat up your summer with a bunch of cool new items to liven up your apocalypse experience.
Check out the delightfully retro Rust Sunburn DLC Trailer to see all of the cool new items in motion!
If you've never played Rust, it can best be thought of as an open-world survival game similar to DayZ or 7 Days to Die. Players are dropped into the world with a rock and not much else (not even clothes) — from there, you can acquire technology, build a base, and dominate the land as a force to be reckoned with.
Part of the appeal of the game is its ruthless PvP — you can be raided and killed at any time, even when you're sleeping. The devs at Facepunch still know how to have fun, though, and this brand-new DLC is all about adding a bunch of fun new items that (probably) can't be used to murder you.
What's New in the Rust Sunburn DLC?
This new DLC is a premium experience — that means you're gonna have to pay for it. That said, you get 14 brand-new items that are sure to add some fun to your server.
What do you get in the new Rust Sunburn DLC?
- Instant Camera - This cool new toy lets you take pictures. It's not a screenshot tool, though, because...
- Photo Frames (3 Styles) - ...you can put the pictures you take into photo frames and hang them on your wall.
- Water Gun (4 Skins) - This water-powered rifle is great for shooting your enemies at range and not killing them.
- Water Pistol - If you prefer to get up close and personal, you can whip out a neat little water pistol and squirt them with this instead.
- Boogie Board (6 Skins) - Surf's up, my dudes! The all-new Boogie Board lets you get totally tubular on some wicked waves.
- Inner Tube (7 Skins) - If you want a more chill experience, you can plop down into an inner tube and float away into the horizon.
- Above Ground Pool - The homebodies out there might be more interested in bigger amenities — the Above Ground Pool lets you swim with your friends without fear of shark attacks.
- Paddling Pool (4 Skins) - If you're on a budget, however, you can get this much smaller Paddling Pool and keep it all to yourself.
- Beach Recliner (8 Skins) - Lay back on the beach in style with this recliner!
- Beach Parasol (8 Skins) - Keep the sun out of your eyes! It might stop an incoming grenade, too?
- Beach Table - You gotta have somewhere to put your drink.
- Beach Towel (7 Skins) - If you prefer to lay on the sand, then the Beach Towel will be the most comfortable way to do it.
- Sunglasses (8 Skins) - You'll look super-cool if you were them at night.
If you think this new batch of items will be fun on your server, you can buy the Rust Sunburn DLC on Steam for just $8.99 or your regional equivalent, a 10% launch week discount. You can get Rust on its own for $39.99.
What do you think of the new items in the Rust Sunburn DLC? What new silly items would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!