Risk of Rain 2 has announced that two updates will be bringing some new content to the game on multiple platforms. The "Hidden Realms" update has already arrived on consoles and the "Artifacts 2.0" update will be coming soon to PC.
That's not all that's coming, though! The developers have announced in a press release that Risk of Rain 2 will be free to download and play for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members this weekend. The free weekend will be part of the "Microsoft Free Play Days event which kicks off on March 26, 2020, at 3:01 AM Eastern and concludes on March 30, 2020, at 2:59 AM Eastern.
What's Coming in the Risk of Rain 2 Updates?
Consoles have just gotten a new update and PC players will soon have some more content to enjoy. Let's break down each of them!
Hidden Realms Update (Consoles)
Here's a quick rundown of the content that has arrived in the Hidden Realms update:
- New Survivor: Acrid
- New bosses
- Alternative layouts system
- Even more loot!
This update should now be available for players on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
Artifacts 2.0 Update (PC)
The Artifacts 2.0 Update is bringing in five core features for Risk of Rain 2 players. Here's what the press release had to say:
- Artifacts - Artifacts make their Risk of Rain 2 debut. These treasures can be unlocked by completing in-game challenges and then equipped at the start of a run to dramatically modify aspects of the game, adding variety and challenge. Some are new, some are returning, and range from “oh fun” to “who hurt you?”
- New Stage, Monsters and Hidden Boss - Sky Meadow returns as a 5th stage, players will encounter new familiar monsters, and a new hidden boss awaits those clever enough to find them.
- Skill Variants - Commando, Huntress, Engineer and Acrid receive more unlockable skill variants to shock and awe in new ways.
- New Loot - New equipment, items, and a Lunar Item of dubious purpose enter the world for Survivors to discover.
- Engineer Skin - Engineer enthusiasts can earn a skin for their Survivor by completing an in-game challenge.
You can look forward to the Artifacts 2.0 Update arriving on PC on March 31, 2020. If you don't yet already own Risk of Rain 2 on PC, you can buy it on Steam for $19.99 or your regional equivalent.
What do you think of the new content coming to Risk of Rain 2? What would you like to see in the game? Let us know in the comments below!