Red Dead Redemption 2 had some of its pre-order info leaked late last week. Today, RockStar has officially announced the editions for pre-order.
Three editions of the game are now live and available for pre-order starting today. The first is the standard edition of Red Dead Redemption 2 for $59.99.
The Special Edition, costing $79.99, will feature a ton of exclusive content for the games main Story Mode. Most of this was already leaked but the run-down includes the following:
- Bank Robbery Mission & Gang Hideout
- Dappled Black Thoroughbred Horse
- Talisman & Medallion Gameplay Bonuses
- The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit
- Free Access to Additional Weapons
- Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts
- Black Chestnut Thoroughbred Horse
- Bonus Outfits for your online Character
- Rank Bonuses
- Free Survivor Camp Theme
- Free Access to Additional Weapons in Online Play.
- The War Horse
- The Outlaw Survival Kit
- Cash Bonus for Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode
- Bonus GTA $2,000,000 to spend immediate in Grand Theft Auto Online.
It should be noted that the PlayStation 4 version will be getting exclusive content, but the content listed above is not part of that deal. According to Sony's website right now, "PlayStation Exclusive: Play select content first on PlayStation 4. Details to follow." This seems to imply Red Dead Redemption 2 will have a showcase of some kind at Sony's Press Conference this year at E3.
The game, the hotly anticipated sequel to the critically acclaimed Red Dead Redemption, will serve as a prequel to the previous title. Players will star as Arthur Morgan, a member of the Van der Linde gang. After a robbery gone awry, Morgan and the rest of the game will be tested as they survive the rugged heartlands of America as federal agents and bounty hunters search for them and bring them to justice. Morgan must also confront his own morality and make a choice between his ideals or loyalty to the gang who raised him.
The game is scheduled for a release on October 26th, 2018 for the PlayStation4 and Xbox One.
What are your thoughts on all of these pre-order bonuses? Leave your comments below and be sure to follow all of our E3 coverage here.