Winner Winner, Many Chicken Dinners
Renowned battle royale game PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds has sold over 70 million units. In order to commemorate the milestone, PUBG Season 8 will reintroduce the jungles of Sanhok to the game, albeit in an overhauled and much-altered state.
What's changed in PUBG's Sanhok map?
According to PUBG Corporation, Sanhok has been extensively redesigned based on player feedback and suggestions. A press release states that "almost every structure, tree, rock, and material" in the Sanhok map has been reworked from the ground up. Locations like Boot Camp, Khao, and Pai Nan have all been majorly updated. There are also new structures and areas to discover on the map, including a new Airfield boot camp and a tourist town known as Getaway. This is all coming as part of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Season 8 content drop. You can check out a trailer for the new season right here:
What else is coming in PUBG Season 8?
Along with the newly remastered Sanhok map, PUBG is celebrating its 70 million unit milestone with a bunch of other updates and new stuff. Here's a quick preview of some of the things you can expect to encounter in the new season:
- The Loot Truck: Cargo transports are driving around Sanhok which will drop loot as they're damaged. If you can destroy the trucks, you'll gain a cache of weapons and gear for your squad.
- Confiscated Weapons: PUBG is introducing weapons with pre-installed attachments and unique skins with the Loot Truck system. Destroying the Truck rewards you with customized weapons to pick up and use.
- Improved Jerry Cans: Starting with Season 8, you'll find improved jerry cans dotted around the map. You can throw these at enemies and set them on fire or pour gasoline on the ground for a fire trap.
- New Ranked Season: Season 8's Ranked mode will now take team placement into account when acquiring points. Vikendi has now been added to the Ranked map pool.
- Survivor Pass: Payback: The new season's accompanying Survivor Pass comes with a bunch of skins to unlock.
Season 8 of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds launches on July 22nd for Steam and on July 30th for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Google's Stadia cloud gaming service. You can preview the update via the PUBG test server on July 15th on PC and on July 20th on console. If you want to read the full patch notes for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds update 8.1, then you can do so right here.
Are you looking forward to the new, improved Sanhok map? Let us know in the comments below!