Niantic, the developer and publisher behind the 2018 augmented reality mobile game that took the world by storm at the time, Pokemon GO, has officially announced the title's second season will commence next week. Following a slight delay in the originally scheduled launch date due to technical issues, it is finally confirmed that Monday, May 11, at 1:00 pm PDT marks the end of the first season and the beginning of a new era.
Players will get to redeem their first season's rewards right there and then. Those who managed to reach Rank 7 and beyond will find an Elite Charged TM waiting for them,. Season 2 will mark the debut of GO Battle League Cup, dubbed the Premier Cup, which will run hand-in-hand with the Master League. You won't have to worry about a Combat Power cap, however, you won't be able to take any Legendary and Mythical Pokémon.
For Season 2, there will be a few changes here that have been detailed:
- The GO Battle League reward system has been changed slightly. You can now earn a Pokémon reward encounter after your third win on the basic rewards track or after your first win on the premium rewards track.
- The ranking system has been adjusted. More wins are now required to get to ranks 4, 5, 6, and 7.
- Some of your guaranteed reward encounters will be different for Season 2. You’ll encounter these Pokémon at each listed rank:
- Stunfisk starting at rank 4
- Rufflet starting at rank 8
- Scraggy starting at rank 9.
- If you reach rank 10, you’ll earn a new avatar pose
Many other rewards, such as Metagross at Rank 1 and Pikachu Libre at Rank 10 are staying the same.
Niantic hinted towards the third season starting sometime in June. By the time it comes around, anyone who managed to get Rank 7 or above during Season 2 will receive an Elite Fast TM, which will let you change a fast move on a pokemon for almost any they could have known - including most moves it can no longer learn, or could only learn at a special event. In other news, for only 1 Pokecoin, you can get your hands on some Incense, Poke balls, razz berries, and pinap berries. It is a deal you don't want to miss, as it expires on May 11 right before the new season starts, as this week's 1 coin bundle.
What are you most looking forward to in the second season of the augmented reality version of Pokemon? Do you think the studio will spice it up with new features and announcements once the season goes live on May 11? Let us know your thoughts and suggestions in the comments section down below.