The Overwatch Summer Games 2020 skins have been revealed with the return of this yearly event and they might just be some of the best cosmetics revealed in a long time — and the Pharah Lifeguard skin might just be the best.
Have a gander at the Overwatch Summer Games 2020 trailer to see what’s new in this event!
What are the Overwatch Summer Games 2020 Skins?
As with most Overwatch events, a bunch of new cosmetics have made their debut! The Summer Games focuses on two themes: an event styled somewhat after the Olympics and summer casual wear. Let’s dive right in!
What Are the Overwatch Summer Games 2020 Legendary Skins?
This year’s Legendary skins have some pretty fantastic things in the mix. The earliest reveal has been the Pharah Lifeguard skin, and it’s revealed something we’ve long suspected: Pharah is shredded.
What Are the OverwatchSummer Games 2020 Epic Skins?
Of course, the Overwatch Summer Games 2020 skins include three Epic Skins as well! These Epic Skins are acquired over the first three weeks of events by getting wins in most game modes, and two of our favorite Omnics are getting a little bit of love with this update!
What Are the Overwatch Summer Games 2020 Weekly Challenges?
- Week 1 - August 4–11, 2020
- Win 3 Games - Baseballmari Player Icon
- Win 6 Games - Union Jack Spray
- Win 9 Games - Union Jack Tracer Epic Skin
- Week 2 - August 11–18, 2020
- Win 3 Games - Golfimari Player Icon
- Win 6 Games - Sand Castle Spray
- Win 9 Games - Sand Castle Bastion Epic Skin
- Week 3 - August 18–25, 2020
- Win 3 Games - Surfimari Player Icon
- Win 6 Games - Ice Cream Spray
- Win 9 Games - Ice Cream Orisa Epic Skin
What Else is New in the Overwatch Summer Games 2020 Event?
Let's kick things off with a bit of bad news: while there are a ton of bug fixes for some of the game's heroes, there are no substantial balance changes or anything like that — this patch is all about summer fun, it seems. That said, there are some new goodies debuting with this event!
The key highlight of this event is undoubtedly the debut of a new Lúcioball mode. Lúcioball Remix mixes things up in some pretty interesting ways. Two balls are in play at the same time and periodic "bonus balls" will pop up; these bonus balls are worth 3 points each.
The core Lúcioball game mode has also gotten some changes to reward skillful play and give players more opportunities to juke their opponents:
- Lúcio moves faster
- Lúcio has faster cooldowns
- Lúcio punch and boop range increased
- Lúcio punch and boop are now partially affected by your facing, to improve ball control
- Lúcio can crouch in the air to drop down to the ground
- Added new custom game options for Lúcioball
A slew of new options for custom game makers, bug fixes, and some other changes have also arrived in this patch; you can read about them in more detail in the Overwatch Summer Games 2020 patch notes. This event will run from today until August 25, 2020, so get out there and enjoy some summer fun! You can see all of the cool cosmetics available at the event's landing page.
What do you think of the new Overwatch Summer Games 2020 skins? Do you think the new Lúcioball changes will improve the game? Let us know in the comments below!