A new competition from Blizzard is heating up in Overwatch! The Overwatch Skins In The Game competition allows players to earn points for their favorite Overwatch League team by repping the hero skins of that team. Go head-to-head with fans of all 20 teams and prove your dominance!
From May 27 - 31, interested players can choose their hero skin and compete in either a quick play or competitive match. Upon completion of the game, the team represented earns one point. The winning Overwatch League team will be announced June 3 and be granted an Overwatch League Instagram takeover along with all the sweet, sweet bragging rights.
If you can't play in Overwatch but still want to support your favorite team, hop on Twitter! Send a tweet with #MyOWLTeam and tag your team to give them one point. You can do this as many times as you'd like.
It's always a good idea to cover the small print of the in-game rules, so let's break them down:
- Points are only given for quick play and competitive games. As fun as it is to rep your team in other modes, note that points will not accrue.
- Players must complete the maps fully in order to earn points. If there's overtime, you'd better stay until the bitter end!
- You do not have to play the character with your team's hero skin for the entire match. As long as the character was played at some point, you can switch!
- You can wear skins for any hero you want!
- Both home and away team skins count, but Atlantic and Pacific All-Stars do not.
- The competition is open to everyone regardless of region or platform.
Which team would you like to represent? (I feel regionally obligated to go with Uprising.) Let us know in the comments below!