The Overwatch LEGO sets that were announced in May of this year have been revealed a bit earlier than planned as reported by LEGO fan site The Brick Fan. (Here's an archive link as the site's been up and down throughout the morning.)
Earlier this year, Blizzard Entertainment had announced that a number of licensing deals had been struck and Overwatch was among their intellectual properties that would be seeing some neat new goodies coming out. The LEGO company was one of the businesses included in this deal and fans were eagerly anticipating the designs of the world's premier plastic brick builders.
A Target gift registry system has apparently made it possible to see these new LEGO sets in advance of their official announcement. The Brick Fan managed to get all of the important details before they were hurriedly pulled off the site and a kind soul by the name of /u/CM4Sci at the /r/Overwatch subreddit put together an Imgur album of the promotional pictures. Here are pictures of the brand-new LEGO sets we can be looking forward to:
[gallery link="file" size="full" ids="258820,258824,258823,258822,258821,258825"]
In addition to some nice imagery, we have the prices and details of the six sets:
- Bastion (75974) / 602 pieces / $49.99 - This is another more complex Bastion model that is not to be confused with Bastion (75987) over at the Blizzard Gear Store for $25.00. This boasts over three times the pieces as the Blizzard Gear Store set and is obviously a much more complex model.
- Dorado Showdown (75972) / 419 pieces / $29.99 - This set includes McCree, Reaper, and Soldier: 76 minifigs along with the Dorado payload and some set pieces from the map.
- D.Va & Reinhardt (75973) / 455 pieces / $39.99 - This features big ol' models of D.Va's MEKA Tokki and Reinhardt's Crusader armor along with D.Va and Reinhardt minifigs.
- Hanzo vs. Genji (75971) / 197 pieces / $19.99 - Apparently based on the Dragons animated short, this set includes Genji & Hanzo minifigs, one of the unfortunate Shimada Clan mooks who gets his butt kicked during Hanzo's incursion, and some set pieces from the Hanamura map.
- Tracer vs. Widowmaker (75970) / 129 pieces / $14.99 - Includes Tracer & Widowmaker minifigs along with what appears to be an interpretation of the Satellite payload from the Watchpoint: Gibraltar map.
- Watchpoint: Gibraltar (75975) / 730 pieces / $89.99 - This is the biggest set of all and has Mercy, Pharah, Reaper, and Winston minifigs included. The set also has the launchpad and rocket from the titular map.
With Overwatch being a billion-dollar property, we're sure to see more LEGO sets in its future. There's not yet any word on when the official announcement will go out, but my money's on these being available for purchase sometime in the next few weeks - just in time for Christmas.
What do you think of the six Overwatch LEGO sets leaked today? Do you have a particular favorite? Let us know in the comments below!