Glumberland has launched the Ooblets roadmap, highlighting its development plans for the next 12–18 months for its Early Access game.
Ooblets is a game that's part Farming RPG, part monster battle game, and part dancing game. Players run around a town catching the titular Ooblets, growing new ones, and getting down with funky dance battles.
The game first launched back in July 2020 and has been happily chugging along in Early Access on the Epic Games Store. Now, Glumberland has revealed what's going to be coming in the future.
What's in the Ooblets Roadmap?
The Ooblets roadmap rewinds a bit to tell us how things have progressed thus far: the developers have made 25 patches in the game's first month of Early Access availability. There's still a long road ahead, though!
Future content will include several new regions that players can visit and new clothes, furniture, and decor. These are just the broad strokes, mind — it's unlikely that the Ooblets roadmap details the full scope of what we'll be getting in future updates.
Here's what the Ooblets roadmap looks like today:
- Launch! Our launch version was 0.3.42
- We somehow managed to make 25 patches in the month following release!
- Our first major content update, the v0.4 Nullwhere Update!
- Nullwhere will finally be a visitable region with associated ooblets, new crops, and new recipes.
- The ooblets in Nullwhere will be ones you’ve already been able to get through winning Dance Barn tournaments, but now you’ll be able to find uncommon and gleamy versions, too! We’ll also hopefully have new custom movesets for them, as well.
- We might put some new clothes in here as well, but might also push that to October as part of a Halloween event.
- Not sure what it will be yet, but we’ll hopefully have some sort of small Halloween event, like a scavenger hunt!
- The Wildlands Update, v0.5 with an accessible Wildlands where you can retrieve ooblets you’ve rehomed there previously.
- It might also be cool to have some snowy weather features added!
- We have a bunch of small lore items written out but not implemented that we’ll try to include in this update, too.
- The Port Forward Update, v0.6 with Port Forward as a visitable region and new clothes, furniture, and decor
- Secret major update v0.7 with an unannounced new region and continuation of the meta story
- 1.0 Full launch! With a new unannounced visitable region and continuation/conclusion of the meta story
When is the Ooblets 1.0 Release Date?
Unfortunately, there is no specific release date for the Ooblets 1.0 patch. That said, Glumberland has provided a window: Ooblets will likely leave Early Access sometime in mid-to-late 2021.
A mid-to-late 2021 release date for the Ooblets 1.0 patch would also come close (or pass) the game's July 15, 2020, release date on the Epic Games Store. The odds are good that it would coincide with a release on Steam as well (presuming that Ooblets uses a 1-year exclusivity contract as most other developers have).
While a lot of new content is in the works, you don't have to wait to play this super-adorable game! You can buy Ooblets in Early Access on the Epic Games Store for $24.99 or your regional equivalent.
Disclosure: Epic Games Store works with TechRaptor for affiliate partnership, and TechRaptor earns a small commission off purchases made from some links in this article.
What do you think of the new content planned in the Ooblets roadmap? Is there anything you're particularly looking forward to? Let us know in the comments below!