Biking game Descenders has announced that it is leaving early access. The 1.0 version will launch on the Xbox Game Pass and on Steam on May 7.
Descenders is a mountain biking game that uses procedurally generated maps, similar to a roguelike. Players will ride bikes downhill and gain points for harder maneuvers and stunts, but doing them incorrectly will take away health. Each track will be unique, with differing steepness, curviness, and available stunts.
In a press release, publisher No More Robots said that the following features will be added:
• Online multiplayerWhile in early access, the game had no social features, and had only four worlds, the Highlands, Forest, Canyon, and Peaks. Most of its time in early access was single-player only, but a beta for multiplayer was launched in March.
• New Destiny-style central hub filled with players
• Ride with strangers, or lobby up with friends
• Double the content, with 4 whole new worlds, including Jungle and Favela
• New music, new modes, new tweaks, new customization, tons of new stuff
Similar to Pokemon Go, which has players joining Team Instinct, Mystic, or Valor, players will also choose a team. The teams are Team Enemy, Arboreal, and Kinetic, which have a respective red, green, and blue color scheme. There will be competitions between teams, with each team getting exclusive in-game items and apparel, and in-game prizes periodically given to the team with the most points.
TechRaptor previously wrote about Descenders while it was in early access, with Kyle Johnson describing it as “an ultimately surprising sports game. It’s not often you see a sports game that’s simultaneously relaxing and adrenaline-filled.” He also said it is “is a satisfying game, even for those unfamiliar with mountain biking.”
Are you interested in taking a ride on Descenders? What does a biking game need to interest you? Let us know in the comments below!